Green head?

ReadingRAEnBo

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2020
I'm a new guinea owner and have had my guineas since March. They are both ladies I believe, but recently one of their heads have acquired a green tint. Like mossy green. Should I be concerned about this? I haven't found anything so far by researching. Help would be appreciated!

I'm a new guinea owner and have had my guineas since March. They are both ladies I believe, but recently one of their heads have acquired a green tint. Like mossy green. Should I be concerned about this? I haven't found anything so far by researching. Help would be appreciated!
Pictures please.

My normal girl
20210116_173228.jpg

Vs. my green girl
20210116_173317.jpg

I was going to tease you a bit due to TSC selling you the wrong birds. But- it looks like she either got into paint or something else that rubbed off on her, OR she's been bruised.
Looks slightly red/pink above but between eye and ear, near the helmet. If you don't see open areas or other injury, I'd suspect she got her head in a tight spot just enough to cause some bruising, or they had a spat and she ended up pinned to something (we had a fight last year where one had the other pinned against a wood post until I walked over and picked him up). The pic makes it look a bit swollen infront of ear.

😱 Oh my gosh! I didn't even think of that! I wondered what happened to her. The 2 guineas do always fly up onto the roost instead of using the ramp. Maybe she bumped her head?

Back
Top Bottom