Green legged chicken

this is Green Legged Partridge Hen [zielononóżka kuropatwiana -> zielono =green, nóżka =little leg, kuropatwiana =partridge], and a chicks. Green legs+green legs = green legs in this case:) They lay medium eggs [sometimes on smallish side] proven 30% less in cholesterol than normal egg, good layers[160-180/year], and born free range. Meat low in fat, very good and darker than usual chicken [not silkie dark, just darker than cornish cross ]
10.jpg

jz14.jpg

432531628_big.jpg

Last edited:
Of course the Greatest breed and variety of all, BB Red moderns has willow legs, or should have. Along with Duckwing and Ginger red Moderns.

Bob

Quote:
My 9 yr old black giant hen has willow legs, yellow foot pads. Most of my araucana have willow legs, my blacks are slate legged but one and she has willow.

Kurka, lovely birds there! i thought they would have been Welsummers but looking at the legs, nope LOL!

Rootball, Araucanas and Amercuanas do NOT have green legs, only the EE's do.

My hen Twizzler has green legs! Actually all my chickens are brothers and sisters from same clutch. They are 75% Arucana 25% Easter Egger. Twizzler is the only one with green legs. My other chickens all have different colored legs, Oreo's are yellow, Hershey's black, and Skittles are pink! Twizzler and Skittles are my girls.
What are williow legs?

Shereena

Quote:
Actually araucana DO have green (willow) legs; so do many other recognised breeds. A year or so ago I went through the Bantam standard and listed all the breeds. Not gonna do it again--too long and time consuming
wink.png

There is no standard for EEs, so they may or may not have willow legs. SIlly me; THIS is one of the threads where I looked up the breeds--a couple of YEARS ago, lol. I really should pay attention to dates before responding
gig.gif

Last edited:
FriesianGroupie#1 :

My hen Twizzler has green legs! Actually all my chickens are brothers and sisters from same clutch. They are 75% Arucana 25% Easter Egger. Twizzler is the only one with green legs. My other chickens all have different colored legs, Oreo's are yellow, Hershey's black, and Skittles are pink! Twizzler and Skittles are my girls.
What are williow legs?

Shereena

A fancy name for green. Not kelly green or sage green or mint green or forest green, but willow green
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom