1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Green legged white chicken

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by krishenschel, Sep 30, 2010.

1. krishenschel

krishenschel Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2008
    Central wisconsin
    Hi, I have white pullet with green legs, they are almost olive colored. Can anyone tell me what breed she might be? I got her with a brown egg assortment that I ordered from Mcmurray. Thanks in advance.
    Kris

2. NoMoreBoys4MommaHen

NoMoreBoys4MommaHen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2010
    Memphis, TN
    a hybrid of some sort. my solid green legs are Ameraucanas. my shanks green just down the front are marans (and I am not positive they are supposed to be that way!)

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Umm, Ameraucanas don't have green legs. Easter Eggers do. You have a mutt, not an Ameraucana. [​IMG]

A white chicken with green legs can be an Easter Egger, though in a brown egg laying assortment it may or may not be. . .

4. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    can we see a pic ? does it have a beard or poofy cheeks ? what kind of comb does it have ? Mcmurry loves to send EE roos as the "free" exotic chick (you still have to feed the free ones)

5. sharol

sharol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    Does she have muffs or a beard? My Easter Egger from MPC has green legs and is solid white.

[​IMG]
    This is my Lily at about 10 weeks.

Can you post a picture? Lily has a single rose comb.

Quote:

6. coq au vin

coq au vin Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:That's known as a "pea comb". [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Tab's chicken obsession

Tab's chicken obsession Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    rome,ny
    I do think a mix, but she is pretty.

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Originally, I wasn't interested in white chickens. But I've fallen in love with my Delaware (bought her specifically due to all the nice things folks on BYC said about Delawares), which broke the Anti-White dam. I have been drooling over white EEs for quite some time. Finally found some as chicks, but they haven't stayed white.

Yours is gorgeous!

9. Chickanmanfromarkansas

Chickanmanfromarkansas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2010
    There is a hatchery that is selling a chicken that they call a Redleg. It looks to be some kind of leghorn type chicken that has green legs. I don't understand why it is call a Redleg and have green legs but oh well I guess they can call it whatever they want to. Right now I can't recall what hatchery it is but I look it up and post later if anyone wants to know.

10. denim deb

denim deb Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Quote:When I got my EE chicks, one was yellow. She's turned into a white pullet. I don't know if this holds true for all of them or not.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by