Green Pond water--yuck!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ro.netcmarie, May 14, 2009.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Songster

May 8, 2008
    we have been having a problem with this in the koi ponds etc at work since mid April. [​IMG]

2. ro.netcmarie

ro.netcmarie Songster

Oct 7, 2008
    travelers rest, sc
    bought one of those water lillies from Lowes a couple of weeks ago, I checked it and it started to grow a little, then the next week i checked it again and the little leaves that started were gone! I think the fish ate them!! So I took it out and put it into a container until I can get it to grow back.Hopefully it will. also got some parrot feathers in there and some kind of 4 leaf clover things like a lilly pad, really cant tell the name it was given to me:)

3. addiedunn

addiedunn Songster

Oct 12, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    If you added algaecide or any kind of algae killer, your lilies will die. They don't tolerate it very well.

4. ro.netcmarie

ro.netcmarie Songster

Oct 7, 2008
    travelers rest, sc
    hey yall, I thought I would give and update on my green pond water situation. well went down to a water nursery and a very helpful guy told me to add mor plants to the pond. something about the plants and algea fight for the same food ( fish poo and such). so got a few more plants and good sister in law gave me some too, so now it has been a couple of weeks and its no longer green!!! YEAH! going back somewhat clear, i can see my beautiful fish!!! Will get one of those UV lights real soon so I want have to go thru that again. Just thought ya might want an update!!!!!! oh yeah still working on a that water fall, just cant get it right! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: