Green Queen - Meyer Hatchery

This definitely does not look like the green queens that Meyers advertises on their site. Now I want to order some to see what color I get 😂

View attachment 2467729
That's what I said!!! I only figured out which one was her because the red sex link is obvious, as is the Buff brahma. Was fairly unsure of who was who re: EE and GQ. maybe I've still got it mixed up? Who knows!

That's what I said!!! I only figured out which one was her because the red sex link is obvious, as is the Buff brahma. Was fairly unsure of who was who re: EE and GQ. maybe I've still got it mixed up? Who knows!
Haha go figure! I can’t ever figure out who’s who unless they’re banded

Green Queen are a fancy-bred and named EE, well I guess fancy olive-egged (which is also a fancy EE ...) I too envisioned the buff coloring of the Green Queen in the pic, despite reading that their color is variable. Mine was almost all black as a chick and as a pullet it pretty much solid iridescent black. She has a beard and muffs, and five toes (faverolle in the mix?). She laid three lovely olive eggs - very small and perfectly shaped last week (not fairy egg; had a small orange yolk) - in a row, and then none since. I did take a pic of one, but the color is so off in the image it would be an affront to show it! I suspect she’ll lay more consistently a little later on.

Green Queen are a fancy-bred and named EE, well I guess fancy olive-egged (which is also a fancy EE ...) I too envisioned the buff coloring of the Green Queen in the pic, despite reading that their color is variable. Mine was almost all black as a chick and as a pullet it pretty much solid iridescent black. She has a beard and muffs, and five toes (faverolle in the mix?). She laid three lovely olive eggs - very small and perfectly shaped last week (not fairy egg; had a small orange yolk) - in a row, and then none since. I did take a pic of one, but the color is so off in the image it would be an affront to show it! I suspect she’ll lay more consistently a little later on.
That’s great that she lays green! I can’t believe you can get black or buff or who knows what else with this green queen breed they advertise. Now I really want to order some and see what colors I get but I don’t want more black chickens 🤣 I like color even though half my flock is iridescent black which is nice when the sun hits them

I wanna say that the green queen my friend got is black or predominantly black? Also I think I saw a green queen on BYC here and there that were mostly black?? Don’t quote me. Since they are variable color and glorified EE (I’m fine with that) next season’s breeding stock might run different colors?

When she lays another egg, I’ll see if I can get a pic in natural light or something.

Can you post a picture of what she looks like please?

Soo sorry this has taken me so long. Here’s a few pics if you are still interested.
FC27827F-6C63-4962-B9BD-92830D8C5204.jpeg

9F6E7500-0577-4331-A90D-05D142D27090.jpeg

9CD1D0FC-E3EB-4E7D-83E7-587C462CCA75.jpeg

She’s got 5 toes which isn’t really visible in these pics.

Last edited:
Update: she's(?) still hell on earth with a hateful gaze to match. But EXTREMELY pretty. All black, iridescent green all over in the sun. Some of the tail feathers are giving me rooster worries, but haven't checked very closely to confirm. 13-ish weeks.
Truly unfortunate if she turns out to be a he. Can't have roosters in the city. I really hope I'm just being paranoid. :(
IMG_20210129_124013__01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom