greetings from Melbourne Australia!

solquemia

Hatching
Jan 31, 2016
hi! proud guardian of 2 girls in mebourne!
was hoping to get some advice about a sudden loss of feathers but cant seem to be able to upload a picture to show other folk whom have had experience with this.

how can i get access or permission to upload a photo?>

thanking you in advance,

-Alejandro

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Are you sure it's not a hard moult? I came home one day to find black feathers everywhere. I thought something had got ahold of one or more chickens. But it was just one of my chickens going through a hard moult. The feathers were falling out by the handful. Good luck with your girls. I hope in your case, it nothing serious.

You have to have a certain post count to post pictures.

Last edited:
Hi :welcome Alejandro

Glad you could join us here! It could be moult, are you coming to the end zone of your summer over in Australia? Could also be mites or lice. Have you checked through them for parasites? Once you have a few more posts you should be able to post some pics.

Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

hey guys! thanks for your replies!
i have been reading through a lot of posts here it is a wonderful site with heaps of great advice on all matters concerning our special ladies! haha!
since posting i have checked for mites in their bedding, haven't been able to get ahold of her shes quick, especially for her size, but she seems ok personality and vibe wise, her crop is normal. so perhaps and hopefully it is a heavy moult, just surprised it was in the one area.
ill try post again soon and see if i can upload a pic!
thanks again guys!
-A

Hi Alejandro,
welcome-byc.gif

I hope you can post some pictures soon so we can take a look. How old is the girl that's losing feathers?

I could upload!! this morning she had lost a little more about the size of a palm no, and a little from base of neck..

what sort of extra protein could/should i give her?

thanks again guys!
the second pic is her this morning with her partner in crime, hopscotch!! neither would stay still for the photo!! haha

Back
Top Bottom