Hello
frow.gif
from Hesperia,CA and
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif

Nooooo!
That would be an enormous overdose!

400mg is a TENTH of a teaspoon not 2 teaspoons!

You should use a bit less than 1/8 tsp.

1/8 is, of course, half of 1/4th if you only have the traditional measuring spoon set that goes down to 1/4

(I'm a chef and even though this is converting weight to fluid ounces the medicine is dense enough that it converts close enough.)

I didn't know there was going to be a math test
hide.gif
. When I've ever had to figure an amount, I've always had to fiddle by hand. I usually divide by halving everything until it gets close to the largest amount I could muster.

A math test? Seriously?

I'm hoping you are kidding with me.

I wanted to help because giving chickens a HUGE overdose of medication can be life threatening and the answer given would be an enormous overdose, so not trying to help someone who has a suffering chicken get the dose because one does not wish to correct math is not even a blip in my mind.

I hate math.

I am sorry if my post seemed offensive.

I agree it's perfect to "wing it" and get close to the right answer--but if someone is giving a few teaspoons when one is supposed to give 1/10th of a tsp of something it can do more harm then good so I wanted to help clarify since this thread comes up in Google for anyone with the same question of what to give a chicken.

I would hate myself if I didn't take time to help and a chicken didn't make it because I didn't.

(I own a chicken rescue sanctuary and study chicken health...always my top priority.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom