Greetings from Texas

daveintexas

Hatching
8 Years
May 3, 2011
My wife and i are new to chickens and found this forum trying to figure out how to accurately convert Terra-Vet 10. The package says it will mix 25 gallons (at a 400mg dose rate) but i want to mix 1 gal at a time so how do i divide 6.4 ounces of water soluble powder weight to a teaspoon/tablespoon measurement? Anyone have this problem?

welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif
from Maine

hope this bumps it up and someone can answer you, as i have never used this....

yeah, i don't think it's a math issue, surely i would find something online or in my iphone conversions app. I guess worst case i could take the package and count out however many teaspoons are in the 6.4 ounce and divide that way. You would think the manufacturer would put that on the label. Round-up does for wahtever concentration you want, but meds, go figure. We bought 6 chicks and 1 of them is sickly so we're keeping her isolated and warmer than the rest, she's responding but i would like to help her along with some meds. If i don't get a response i'll try the other route and let everyone know. thanks for the responses, from all corners of the country.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined. They are such a pain but you have to just break it down:
6.4oz=25 gals
3.2 oz = 12.5 gals
1.6oz = 6.25 gals
0.8 oz = 3.125 gals
0.4 oz = 1.56 gals Now you have to get on the internet and look up conversion tables, ounces to teaspoons to get a figure that is easier to deal with.
thumbsup.gif

OK, for anyone that needs to use something similiar to Terra-Vet 10, which is what our feed supply suggested we try, there was 46 teaspoons in 6.4 ounces. Problem was they're not liquid ounces but weight to volume so i just used 2 teaspoons to a gallon to get 400mg dosage in 25 gallons. 6.4oz=25gals @ 400mg=46 teaspoons, or almost 2 teaspoons for 1 gallon. It only lasts 24 hours so you can't mix the whole batch.

Thanks for the input, looking forward to learning about our new friends.

Back
Top Bottom