Grey Jungle Fowl pair

philter4

Songster
8 Years
Apr 3, 2011
Placerville CA
I have a young pair of grey jungle fowl, the female is F1 (both parents were wild caught birds) and the male is descended from wild birds imported some years ago (I know the breeder but I did not breed him so I don't know the year his original birds were imported).

I have limited space to keep birds through the winter and I only have space for 2 pairs so I have to sell the third. They were hatched earlier this year and are showing excellent color.

If you have any questions please let me know, and thanks for looking.

Wow!

I have a bunch of junglefowl-types I keep, and these are very pretty...just I can't justify buying more hungry mouths!!

Just lovely, though!

I'm glad you like them, they are beautiful and the parents even nicer because of age and maturity. I am not sure what jungle fowl types you keep but these are not the same species as a red jungle fowl or gamefowl, which are some form of Gallus gallus. These are young from wild birds of Gallus sonneratii, the grey jungle fowl.

For anyone who is just casually interested in them they should not be kept with chickens unless you are specifically trying to get a hybrid. They also are very good at flying, I had a hen escape and she flew away just like any other wild bird would do so if you get a pair (this one or a different one in the future) they have to be kept fully covered and treated more like a pheasant then a chicken.

Quote:
Yes, I've got full-on avian enclosures and keep both domesticated and hybrid. I haven't anything as pure as yours. Lovely!

Back
Top Bottom