Greyfields Greyt Adventures in England

greyfields

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 15, 2007
Washington State
Well, I thought I'd take time to update our BYC members as to our travels in England. It's halftime of the Monday Night Football match (no, not that football, but what we'd call soccer). Middlesbrough, my wife's hometown, is taking on Manchester United and it is a nil-nil draw at half. And yes, we are having some lager and cider while we enjoy the match.

Today we went into York, which is the most amzing City in England in my opinion. It dates from Roman times and has been continuously occupied since then, including the Anglo-Saxons, Vikings and Norman French up to the modern day. If you love archaeology like I do, all the museums and history is amazing.

The most terrifying thing about York was the after-Christmas sales. It was worse than watching Gazelle's be devoured by Crocodiles on the National Geographic channel. We had fun, despite that. There is also Starbuck's there, which smells and reminds us both of home back in Seattle.

We have also been out into the county in search of the best pub lunches North Yorkshire has to offer. Lamb, beef, pork, crackling, yorkshire puddings... I@ve had it all and with no regrets.

We were driving out there today and we saw a farmer working his border collies on the sheep. It reminded us so much of our border collie, Piper, who is at her trainers while we're on holiday continuing her eduation. I imagine both American and English border collies speak "sheep", jsut wtih different accents. Bahhh.... ram.... ewe....

We also saw a greyhoudn today in York, a true "blue" one which is grey brindle with white markings. He had a lovely coat on as it was -1C with dark skies. He was called Wilfrid and reminded us of home as well.

We should be off for ar amble in the next couple days in the Moors, somewhere, certainly culminating in a pint at the end of our endeavours. Until next time!

Sounds wonderful,

Glad you are both enjoying yourselves so much.

Any sign of that little farm on the moors yet?

Have fun both,

Jena.

How about some pics?
pop.gif

For those of us stuck at home...

Well, all of that is well and good (she said with green-eyed envy), but where are the pictures of the neat, different, and beautiful chickens they have over there? Hmmm? Pics! Oh, how I wish you could bring home some new breeds or different colors of breeds already on this side of the pond. I guess my dh is a very wise man not to take me over there, he'd be on the return trip all by hisself....
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom