Grief group

Countrylife19

Chirping
Jul 5, 2021
Hi as everyone knows as long time chicken owners it is inevitable that eventually we lose our babies I lost 10 to death and 6 I had to adapt out. I joined a free grief group online but it seems no one besides me has lost chickens. Everyone else talks about dogs and cats..I was wondering if anyone knew of a free grief group online for chickens..thanks

I lost 2 last Monday in one day! I have had to put down my chickens before because they were suffering! I know how hard it feels! 🤗
It's different when they are your pets, yes chickens become your pets, than the wild animals I hunt. Its never good to see anything die but it being your pet(s) is different.
I agree with @Sally PB, start here. There's nobody else that knows more about loosing chickens than all the members here do.
I am sorry for your losses! :hugs:hugs:hugs

Last edited:
I lost 2 last Monday in one day! I have had to put down my chickens before because they were suffering! I know how hard it feels! 🤗
It's different when they are your pets, yes chickens become your pets, than the wild animals I hunt. Its never good to see anything die but it being your pet(s) is different.
I agree with @Sally PB, start her. There's nobody else that knows more about loosing chickens than all the members here do.
I am sorry for your losses! :hugs:hugs:hugs
Thank you. The anniversary for one of them is coming up and it's hard because it was her birthday and the day she died and it's my boyfriend's birthday. And then recently I had a death anniversary for one and the next day I had another one die

Hi as everyone knows as long time chicken owners it is inevitable that eventually we lose our babies I lost 10 to death and 6 I had to adapt out. I joined a free grief group online but it seems no one besides me has lost chickens. Everyone else talks about dogs and cats..I was wondering if anyone knew of a free grief group online for chickens..thanks
of course I don't know how you feel personally, but it can be hard. last night the cat ate one of my day old chicks. but with life there will be death, and with death there will be life, and so I welcome Belladonna's little siblings, including one that will be called Belladonna 2.

BYC can be your grief group
Sending lots of hugs :hugs :hugs

I just lost my first chicken, she was my favourite and I feel so guilty about the way she died. I'm new to this and didn't realise the coop had red mite. That plus a really hot day and her being broody meant she didn't make it 😭 it's been problem after problem now, with another having bumblefoot on both feet, one starting to lose feathers, they seem to still have mites despite moxidectin and a major coop clean plus insecticide. I thought I was taking good care of them but now this has shown I had no idea what I was doing. I think I'm going to have to rehome them if I can ever clear the mites. I've ordered a new medication recommended by my vet so I just hope that works.

I just lost my first chicken, she was my favourite and I feel so guilty about the way she died. I'm new to this and didn't realise the coop had red mite. That plus a really hot day and her being broody meant she didn't make it 😭 it's been problem after problem now, with another having bumblefoot on both feet, one starting to lose feathers, they seem to still have mites despite moxidectin and a major coop clean plus insecticide. I thought I was taking good care of them but now this has shown I had no idea what I was doing. I think I'm going to have to rehome them if I can ever clear the mites. I've ordered a new medication recommended by my vet so I just hope that works.
I have made plenty of mistakes too that I have felt guilty about. I always learn something new. Depending on where you live and how much space you have and how many chickens and how big they are; can you bring them in the house for a while? I bought a dog kennel cage and when I have a sick chicken I need to keep an eye on i bring them in the house to better take care of them..That way it might help you reassess maybe you just need to move the location of your coop.

Back
Top Bottom