Grit !!!!

oh ! I am certain the 'poultry grit' I buy here and the one you have given to your 2 day old chick is two different things then .By Size compatibility

Yes, very likely. I have 3 sizes of grit on hand. Chick grit is on left, then grower/pullet middle, large adult on right:
grit.jpg

The chicks get grit as soon as I get them home, and by roughly 6-8 weeks (depending on their size) they transition to the middle size. I keep pullet and adult grit available after that.

Yes, very likely. I have 3 sizes of grit on hand. Chick grit is on left, then grower/pullet middle, large adult on right:
View attachment 2663020

The chicks get grit as soon as I get them home, and by roughly 6-8 weeks (depending on their size) they transition to the middle size. I keep pullet and adult grit available after that.
Totally! now I am convinced :)

Hi!I have a 10 week old too:) loves to chase and eat flies(for the sport I suspect), occasionally gets meal warms too; ..
another member posted this photo guide as grit planning: I tried reposting this guideline for you, as I wasn’t sure to whom you are addressing your question:
‘ to the left is the grits that should be given to chicks, as early as few days old or as soon as those chicks reach home, middle for growing chicks/ young pullets and right for young adults to grown adults. ‘

Attachments

• 2BE3CD1C-08D1-4248-BA5E-C1DEAA1A9FE7.jpeg
    2BE3CD1C-08D1-4248-BA5E-C1DEAA1A9FE7.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom