Gritty poo

Leo1

Songster
11 Years
Jul 1, 2011
Saco, Maine
I know some grit in poo is normal, but this seemed like an overkill, so I wanted to see what the hive mind thought. 1 year old EE with a history of gut shenanigans. She's been treated for both cocci and a gram neg overgrowth. She's had runny poos, normal other than runny, and some bloody mucus; not a lot, just a small amt. Seems cleared up now. I put out fresh grit and limestone last night and she gobbled up more than normal. Just now, she pooed out what must have been about a 1/2 tbsp to 1 tbsp of both grit and limestone. Think she just ate too much and pooed out the extra? There was a little bit of undigested grain in there. Mostly, she has normal poo, now, but still the occasional loose poo. Eating well. Laying. Good weight condition. Gets plenty of probiotics. Crop normal, as well.

Is there a question in here?

ive never introduced grit. Mine get theirs from the driveway. I have had a few piles of gravel poo here and there, so I’d think this was a fairly normal thing. Maybe she had something tough to clear from her gizzard?

Back
Top Bottom