Ground Hens Day: What does Pennsylvania Phyllis predict this year?

Pics
Was Phyllis Right?

I think that data bears her out as we are experiencing my an early spring. Here I was on March 3, barefoot enjoying the sun.

View attachment 3765200

Here are the forecasts through the middle of the month. That looks like spring for us. (If you can trust weather forecasters.......)

View attachment 3765202View attachment 3765203View attachment 3765204

I think we can call this for Phyllis again! She maintains her perfect record. :clap :clap :clap
Sounds like she's done it again, congratulations!

I'm curious, and have been since the beginning of this great thread. (Of course!)

Question - the tradition is seeing a shadow = six more weeks of Winter, and seeing no shadow = an early Spring. But that part - "early" - is kind of undefined when I Google it , just left as "early". In Phyllis' tradition it is four weeks?

I've heard of this before because Phil is pretty famous, but never knew what "early" meant.

Next question - does it have to be a sustained Spring through the following weeks, approximately two more, thus the included forecast, to be sort of "confirmed"? So here I notice an implied six-week timeframe. Coincidence?

I'm a big fan of Phyllis, she has an amazing set of skills, very particular and very special - SuperModel, Acrobat, Scientist!

Question - the tradition is seeing a shadow = six more weeks of Winter, and seeing no shadow = an early Spring. But that part - "early" - is kind of undefined when I Google it , just left as "early". In Phyllis' tradition it is four weeks?

When Phyllis says "Early" she means spring would start March 1st.

Next question - does it have to be a sustained Spring through the following weeks, approximately two more, thus the included forecast, to be sort of "confirmed"? So here I notice an implied six-week timeframe. Coincidence?

March 19th at 11:06 pm is when spring begins in 2024. Anything after that date is not Phyllis' fault.

Back
Top Bottom