Ground Hog's Day Hatch

[COLOR=800080]Sorry I havent posted! I was crieing because my incubator ran out of water and it was bone dry in there!:th :hit I guess there are dead arnt they... I candled and i saw a big ol' black globe and veins running into it and on my leghorns wich are due around Valentine's day hav a little ? in them! What does the globe mean?[/COLOR]

Fret not, they should be fine. :) That globe would be your chick. ;) A blob with veins is just what your looking for. :D

Hey, I thinking 'bout my non-starter sfh's and how I don't really want to do the egg shipping thing again.

Mahonri I see that you have an icelandic, and I think someone else did too. They seem very much like swedish flower hens. There are some available nearby. Maybe I should go for that next time?

Well I have lost all confidence in my hatching any out of the 25 eggs I have left. Temperature control problems, thermostat or design?

About 50% of the eggs have gone black of the others I can detect movement in only a few.

Well I have lost all confidence in my hatching any out of the 25 eggs I have left. Temperature control problems, thermostat or design?

About 50% of the eggs have gone black of the others I can detect movement in only a few.

At this point you wont see much other than dark unless you have a really good light and thin shelled white eggs. I have an ameraucana egg that I haven't been able to see in for a while. Change is good, movement is better, and no change is bad. At this point in the game you wont see much change though.

DON'T GIVE UP! You'll hatch more than you think!

Back
Top Bottom