Grow Getters & Mad Potters (Gardening Thread)

Would you like to be part of a seed exchange?

• Yes

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
Pics
I am brand new to gardening, but my mom has given me some unused garden space that I am slowly weeding, leveling out, and fixing up the dirt (by 'fixing up the dirt' I mean loosening it, and adding some peat moss and dirt from our compost). It is pretty dry dirt in a semi-shaded area. I am planning on planting some bleeding heart, some astilbe, and some perennial flowers. I am still deciding if I want to put forsythia or a raspberry bush in one spot. Any ideas for annual flowers that I can plant in the fall that could work there? I may also plant some bulbs for different things.

Let us know how it goes
Well, it was entertaining... Not sure what's up with this corn, but the air popper just warmed them and then blew them right out. Popper ended up empty without a single popped kernal.

Now, I did take them off of the cob too early because some of the cobs were moldy or buggy and I pulled the good stuff and trashed the bad parts, so I could have damaged them doing that when they were too soft. They are also a little more pointy than the parent seeds, I planted yellow popcorn (nearly round) and got kernals that were closer in shape to white popcorn (more oval or pointy) which, come to think of it, I can't get white popcorn to pop well in my air popper either....

Well, it was entertaining... Not sure what's up with this corn, but the air popper just warmed them and then blew them right out. Popper ended up empty without a single popped kernal.

Now, I did take them off of the cob too early because some of the cobs were moldy or buggy and I pulled the good stuff and trashed the bad parts, so I could have damaged them doing that when they were too soft. They are also a little more pointy than the parent seeds, I planted yellow popcorn (nearly round) and got kernals that were closer in shape to white popcorn (more oval or pointy) which, come to think of it, I can't get white popcorn to pop well in my air popper either....
I use white in my air popper usually store brand from Walmart or Publix or Kroger

I use white in my air popper usually store brand from Walmart or Publix or Kroger
I've gotten white from walmart before and over half of it blew out of the popper without being popped. With the yellow I usually end up with maybe 10-15 kernels out of 1/2 cup (unpopped) that don't pop. I ended up feeding the white corn to Felix after 2-3 times trying to pop it and just watching it fly out of the popper.

I've gotten white from walmart before and over half of it blew out of the popper without being popped. With the yellow I usually end up with maybe 10-15 kernels out of 1/2 cup (unpopped) that don't pop. I ended up feeding the white corn to Felix after 2-3 times trying to pop it and just watching it fly out of the popper.
What popper do you have?

Back
Top Bottom