Growing fodder for chickens

Hubby came home with 2 small drawer units for me! All i have soaking is boss...thats all i can get right now but he also bought navy beans and northern beans? He wants me to try those too! . ? Think theyll work!?
sonew - search for a local agway - I beleive they are in NY as well. They sell grains in 50lb bags - you just need to ask for them. I bought rye and wheat there last time. They have some others as well. I had to go to the counter and ask what they have in stock. (thats how we get our chicken feed as well, at the counter) Your beans and boss will probably work, but I think you'll find the grains cheaper....

Last edited:
sonew - search for a local agway - I beleive they are in NY as well. They sell grains in 50lb bags - you just need to ask for them. I bought rye and wheat there last time. They have some others as well. I had to go to the counter and ask what they have in stock. (thats how we get our chicken feed as well, at the counter) Your beans and boss will probably work, but I think you'll find the grains cheaper....
No local agways!!either..at least not within 60 miles... :(

No local agways!!either..at least not within 60 miles...
sad.png
bummer.... in that case - i wonder if bird seed would work....

I really want to grow fodder for my chickens, but I haven't been able to find any plain wheat.
barnie.gif
The closest I've come is bird seed that has millet, black oil sunflower seeds and wheat.

I've gotten 2 small trays and made holes in the bottom so water can drain. I set them by the window, and we have a florescent light but I can't find it. Hopefully this will work!
fl.gif
I want to grow it also...
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom