Growing fodder for chickens

Pics
Yep, cheaper at the farm and garden or a store that sells seed. Just make sure you are buying grain meant for growing so it's not pre-treated like they do for feed.

I know this thread is about fodder, but several people have asked about sprouting w/ burlap sacks, here is a video my husband helped me to make showing the way I do the burlap sacks for sprouting. I am still working on transitioning this method to a fodder growing method that would work for me for my future buns.

I know this thread is about fodder, but several people have asked about sprouting w/ burlap sacks, here is a video my husband helped me to make showing the way I do the burlap sacks for sprouting. I am still working on transitioning this method to a fodder growing method that would work for me for my future buns.

hmmm, fodder for your buns? I'm afraid to ask...

lau.gif

ah well, I probably should have let that go but I couldn't resist!

Watched your video... you have BEAUTIFUL hands! I am so jealous! My fingers are like little vienna sausages with pathetic nails attached!

Thanks for the video... that definitely looks a lot easier than it sounds. You talked about shifting bags of wet grain around and I envisioned twenty to thirty pound sacks! Silly me!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom