Growing fodder for chickens

Sorry for the double post but I just thought of a question

Once mine are done soaking tomorrow and I'm just watering 2 to 3 times a day. Would it be best for me to literally soak and drain them or just mist them with a spray bottle or water with like a watering can? Just curious

I tried the misting...it wasn't enough water. I now pour water liberally over the sprouts, nearly filling the basket, and let it drain out.

I just read and it that was very helpful! I've been looking into giving my chickens more nutrition because my older hens have been losing feathers for months and I'm trying to find a solution

By the way my dad already thinks I'm crazy cause I'm a 18 year old girl with 60 chickens as her best friends. Growing bird seed in my room just made him think he went wrong sometime in my childhood lol

I just read and it that was very helpful! I've been looking into giving my chickens more nutrition because my older hens have been losing feathers for months and I'm trying to find a solution

By the way my dad already thinks I'm crazy cause I'm a 18 year old girl with 60 chickens as her best friends. Growing bird seed in my room just made him think he went wrong sometime in my childhood lol

I think that's fabulous, not crazy ;)

Back
Top Bottom