Growing fodder for chickens

now all we need is the optimal age for sprouts so they still are packed with goodies but have not used up all the stored energy in the seed. just my .02 though.....
And the right combination of sprouts. I was dunbfounded when I heard you could starve to death just eating rabbit different grains have different essential amino acids in other words all the barley sprouts alone wont help your chickens much even at the optimal sprout rate balance of the Whole picture is key otherwise you fall into the trap Geprge did Causation Association Fallacy

The intent for byc chicken is to learn not blow smoke up ones ars I wasjust clarifying the facts for George I also pmed him. If as you say it is plz help us newbies what is the optomal stage of sprout and what is thhe Rda of nutrients for chickens ducks and turkeys. As well as the ratios for grains for a balance. I asked these question previously PLZ inform me and us newbies so we can skip the learning curve. Id love for. you to clear up all the confusion with valid studies references or links. we thx you in advance

Maybe look at a comercial feed and see what ratio they use for graine than go from there as a starting point and supliment with ff where the fodder is lacking? Idk just trying to help

All protein values in the above list are per weight. For instance dried fish flaks are valued @ 76% protein while fresh fish (water included) is valued at only 28% That is almost a 300% difference.

The average human body is 65% water, the same as fresh fish or liver. After all the other minerals are deducted from your body mass there is about 75% protein remaining in your dried out body, again about the same as in fresh fish verses the protein in dried fish. The form of the protein changed (from wet to dry) but the total amount of protein remained constant.

"The First Law of Matter says that "Matter can neither be created nor can matter be destroyed but that all matter can be changed from one form into another." Your hens eat, drink, and breath; chicken feed, oyster shells, oxygen and water, then change the form of this matter (hopefully) into grade A large eggs. The grains used for sprouts were grown from minerals in the soil, water, CO2, and sunlight but once harvested the food energy, mineral, and vitamin content in the grain is fixed or finite and it can neither be increased nor diminished.

By awaking the germ of life in the grain you are forcing the seed to sprout and this causes the grain to change its form into a less notorious but more abundant form called roots, stems, and leaves. However the total amount of food nutrition remains constant. Except, depending on how much or how often that the grain was washed in the sprouting process, major portions of the food nutrients may have leached out and gone down the drain. Again matter (protein) was neither created nor was matter destroyed, but in this case part of this food nutrition (matter) became sewage and another part was changed into an indigestible form (to a chicken) called cellulose. If anyone can construct a new paradigm refuting almost 300 years of scientific thought and learning on this subject by all means lay the proof on me, I am open to change as much as the next person.
The seed is about 20% digestible , and the fodder is about 80% digestible.

Ok chikmix Id like a break down and before I forget Ive asked before and didnt get an answer Id like to know can you ferment sprouts fodder? The pros cons and special conditions. that sort of stuff on that issue. The skinny if you will anyway different grains have different nutrients as I mentioned if you just feed barley your chickens will suffer What ratios of what grain sprouts fodder should one usee for optimal health? Malcom mentioned to compare different commercial feeds then convert my concern is whatever the. Lowest level of essential amino acid is a human can only utilize the other essentials to thhat level no matter how high or quality of protein. available Does my ? make sense

The intent for byc chicken is to learn not blow smoke up ones ars I wasjust clarifying the facts for George I also pmed him. If as you say it is plz help us newbies what is the optomal stage of sprout and what is thhe Rda of nutrients for chickens ducks and turkeys. As well as the ratios for grains for a balance. I asked these question previously PLZ inform me and us newbies so we can skip the learning curve. Id love for. you to clear up all the confusion with valid studies references or links. we thx you in advance

Is this even English ? I can't understand this post at all

Back
Top Bottom