Growth on my Millie roos foot.

Milliestwo

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 22, 2008
I had submitted this before but didn't have a picture of it and now I do. So anyone out there that has an idea what the heck it is please let me know. I uploaded one but not sure if it attached to this post.

Is it bumblefoot?
top:
chickenfeet015.jpg

bottom (duck foot):
IMG_1129p300.jpg

I am not sure.I uploaded a picture but can't figure how to get it to attach to my post,how in the world do you do that?

Linda

does the bottom of the bird's foot look like this:
bumblefoot1.jpg

(I have no idea what the above animal is...it just had an example of what I was looking like. The main thing I need to know is if the bottom of your bird's foot has the same black coloration/scab on it.)

If it does...then yes. I would say that is bumblefoot. There is infection already in the foot and having that scab is just a confirmation of that.

Yes, that's bumblefoot. I'm in the process of treating mine. Right now I'm cleaning the foot with chlorhexidine or betadine, putting on magnapaste (epsom salt gel for horses), and wrapping the foot in plastic. When mine looks ripe, LOL, i'll take a needle or scalpel and lance it, then wrap it sterile till it heals. My hen is on antibiotics. This is tough to fix.
Looking at yours, I would scrub the foot , and lance that bubble, and apply triple antibiotic ointment, and wrap it good. I'm sure others can add more info.

Back
Top Bottom