grrr, feed store guy vent...

I bypass the middle man and go directly to Coyote Creek Farms here in Central Texas. Great product, great price, and extremely low fuel cost to transport from source (produced right down the road). They will even custom mix any type of feed that I desire, which really doesn't come in handy since they already have a plethora of ration mixes. I'm not too fond of TCS since I never really know how old the feed is, much less how long it's been sitting out in the open in a store that sells all sorts of poisons.

but, we don't all have the same options.

see its almost a requirement for the feedstore by my house that you have farm animals, well im not sure if it is but all the cashiers and people that help you know what your talking about.

A lot of people at those stores never went to high school. So when you want something specific, not only can they not understand it but they think you are being snooty.

I went to a TSC to buy horse stall mats. I asked the guys to load me up. They stood there insulting people that own horses right in my face and saying they did not think they would fit in my car. They did not lift a hand to put the mats in my car. They just stood there talking.

Some other customers saw what was happening and loaded me up while the workers were still standing there looking around. I was SO thankful to the customers for helping me. I did not even bother to report them. I think I should have though. :|

Last edited:
I changed feed stores because the owner of the one I used to go to was a jerk all the time. And I am related to him. :mad:

The one I go to now is a mile from my house. It is slightly more expensive but the saved gas makes up for it.

We have a brand new Lowes that opened right across the street from Home Depot. When I was buying lumber for my coop, I went to the Lowes (even though I prefer HD) because I figured they're all new, they haven't lost their shiny happy people attitude, right? WRONG.

First this guy tried to tell me there is no such thing as 1/2 pt plywood -- HUH? Then when I showed it to him, he was loading this really wavy sheet on my cart. I said, uh, uh...it's too warped. He said ALL pt plywood is warped because they put it in liquid to pt it (well, DUH!) and the bashed up corners wouldn't matter, either. I was so dumbfounded I couldn't even speak because what I said would have been SO VERY UGLY. So afterhe loaded three sheets, I told him STOP. I'll come back with my husband and get what I need.

Didn't complain to management because I was SO pi**ed I was still sputtering when I got home. But guess where I WON'T be shopping again, even if their garden center is so beautiful it hurts me heart to see it.

Why can't people believe we know just exactly what we want?

I don't think it has anything to do with high school, Dixygirl. I know lots of friendly helpful folk who don't have a diploma!

Last edited:
Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay :

That is why you should do business with a feedstore owned by a PhD trained Livestock Nutritionist and a Veterinarian like the one my wife and I own!

Jim:)

You need to move your store closer to me.​

Our local TSC sucks! I was brand new to keeping chickens and I had a respiratory infection on my hands. I was frantic, my roosters were having some serious trouble breathing and I thought I was going to loose them. I had already run out to TSC and bought Terramycin. Then I read Terramycin doesn't work that well, which supported why my roosters were still getting worst. I started to look for Tylan 50, which several people said worked like a charm.

So I dig out the phone book and start calling around. First the family owned store with the higher prices... nope, they stopped carrying it because they kept expiring, but were willing to order me some!

Called TSC, I had seen it on their website, but wanted to double check and make sure they had it in stock. They put me on hold for 10-15 minutes in which I assumed the were checking it out for me. They come back ask me to hold another 30 seconds. FINALLY, they come back again and inform me they don't carry Tylan 50.

So third store I call was our local Southern States dealer. They too informed me that they did carry it but were sold out and he didn't know when they would order any more.

I break down and order it offline even though I knew it would take a few DAYS to show up because I was ordering on a Thursday. It wasn't going to show up until the next week, and my roos were fading fast.
sad.png

End up stopping at TSC because Adam needed something, happened to walk through the livestock medicine aisle and WHAT should be on the shelf?? Tylan 50 and 200 several boxes deep and lined the shelf for about 4 feet and it was top shelf, chest high, LITERALLY right in front of your nose. I was ticked!!! The Tylan I ordered off the internet was still being shipped.(I ordered offline on Thursday, we went to TSC Saturday/Sunday, my order didn't ship in until Mon/Tues morning.

somad.gif
Put me on hold for 10-15 minutes and tell me you don't "carry" that product.

-Kim

Back
Top Bottom