Grrr...I don't know what's worse, Computer or People

My computer is bombing out also.

The only requirement for my next computer purchase is that the companies customer service department is located somewhere in this country - or at least in a country where i can understand the accent.

The last time I called for technical assistance i had to be transferred 3 times before i could understand the person on the other end of the phone line.

I try very hard to BUY AMERICAN it's very frustrating when I usually end up paying more to do so only to have my help requests end up in India!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the sympathy guys! I've been MIA since yesterday because I've been having such a time with this danged computer. $85 later and I finally have all my music back. So much for windows backups!

Anyways, I'm just now reloading all of my programs. Never again will I use a beta version of ANYTHING! This person had always been very trustworthy in the past and I do really like Windows 7. HOWEVER, they don't tell you that you have to reinstall everything to get the actual version of windows back on your computer. It would have been nice of windows to let me know this!

The good news is my computer is working a lot faster. Windows actually made a copy of the old system onto the new one which helped with some things like photos and stuff. I had DVD backups of those anyways. Music I had a back up of, but I ended up just buying a $20 program to get the music off my ipod. Now I'm just trying to salvage any other programs I can and my room mate has been nice enough to give me some of her programs.

Sooo...it's working out, little by little. I'm glad this week is over though. Between the death of a family member, my car refusing to start, and my computer acting up I don't know that I could take any more!

Back
Top Bottom