GRRRRR can't even watch a movie anymore without....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Jul 4, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    being able to name the breed and/or species of poultry in it.

DH is watching "Big Jake". Used to be I could sit there and enjoy the movie without paying any mind to the poultry running around in the different scenes. Now, after being certifiably BYC'ed? It's....

"Look at that crazy leghorn running around under those horses feet! It's gonna get stomped on!" Or, "He sure upset those moscovies when he fell in that mud puddle."

Been hanging around all you poultry crazed folks too long. [​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

How about when House and his friend had a prank going, with chickens, and they named the breed wrong? It's late, I'm in a bit of a fiber fog (bad day today) so I can't renmember what the birds were, or what they said they were, but I knew it was wrong.

Or noticing chickens in commercials, and they're roosters, not hens... But the "idea" behind the chicken in the commercial is fresh eggs...

Yup, I do it too.

3. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:Totally yelled at the tv during that episode, hahaha

4. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    Quote:That episode was FANTASTIC!
    I loved it, House and his friends are such crack-ups. [​IMG]

Especially when... was his friend hiding the chicken under his coat, or something? [​IMG]

5. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    I can't waqtch anything with rabbits without naming the breed judging the rabbit on TV. I even paused it once to check my Standard book.

6. bkreugar

bkreugar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Asheboro NC
    I do this with commercials and ANY movie we watch now and very sadly my 8yr old son does the SAME thing.

I have a vanity plate apony4u its coming up for renewal and I now want crzychknldy or some way to come up with crazy chicken lady.

My horse friends call me for chicken advice now.

My DD's trainer says I know you aren't a dog person but clearly you are a chicken person.

7. Urban Chaos

Urban Chaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2011
    Austin
    We were just watching the movie "racing stripes" and my son and I were trying to figure out the breed of roo - and if it was even the same one in all shots. Somebody start a famous chicken thread.

8. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Yep! I died during the Puppy Bowl with those stupid meat bird cheerleaders. [​IMG] "Yeah, they'll be able to do a pyramid, SUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE!!"

It's worse when I'm at the feed store. "*To the manager* Excuse me, you have *a breed* labeled as *a different breed*. You may want to correct that."

9. axion_lotus

axion_lotus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Central NC
    I am guilty of many of these things as well. [​IMG]

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Yep, I argued with the woman that was assigned to tend the chicks at our local Atwoods too. She had polish in a bin and thought they were silkies. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by