Guess we will keep the boy after all

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by maizey, Dec 28, 2010.

1. maizey

maizey Chillin' With My Peeps

Our 13 yo lad has been awful tiresome of late... grumbles, eats like a horse, kinda smart alecky and that math grade is NOT going to cut it. Weve been looking for a circus to sell him to. Well, today, while im in here fooling around on the computer, he hears my gals having a fit so he pops outside to check it out. He finds a huge red tailed hawk in a tree not 10 feet from my run, on a low branch EYEBALLING my chooks! The hawk just sits there looking back, so boy wonder grabs a few pine cones and starts chucking them at the hawk and thumps it one good time before it flys away. My run is covered, but I was just about to let them out to free range a bit. I hope that hawk remembers the feel of a pine cone on his rear end before he comes back around here! We have decided to keep the boy after all. [​IMG]

2. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    [​IMG] Chickens are cheaper... (cheeper) [​IMG]

3. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Yup sounds like a keeper [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    All will get better agan once he reaches 30. [​IMG]

5. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    You can't judge them at that age. Remember how messed up we all felt at 13? I cut my boys some slack based on that alone. They don't even seem to have a brain at that age other than for telling them how to run their mouth. They will outgrow it, just have patience. That is what I tell my 14 1/2-year old when I want to knock him through the wall.
    Good luck.

6. maizey

Quote:[​IMG]

7. Annabella

Annabella Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2010
    Girls arent much better. [​IMG]
    I used to say that I wish there was somewhere kids could be sent from around the age of 13
    to 25 and then get them back as well adjusted adults. [​IMG]

8. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:I'd SOOOOOOo pay good money for THAT kind of service! [​IMG] mine is bout to drive me nuts with the mouthiness! I can't stand the way kids talk to their parents!!!! [​IMG]

9. maizey

Quote:I think thats called boarding school [​IMG]

10. Whimsy

Whimsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Cecilia KY
    Quote:my exact words!!I always say God gives them to us little so we don't pinch their heads off at 13

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by