Guess what It is.

ReiMiraa

Songster
10 Years
Dec 2, 2009
Leavenworth the "German Town"
it might be unfair. but i know his parents. so I know what he is. i just feel like testing out you guys today.
so who is the chicken breed expert to guess this guys parentage?
(best pic i could get of him, he is always on the move.....)

45279_p1010092.jpg

Last edited:
I love these kinds of games. Can you tell us if he is just any f1 of crossing two breeds or how many parental breeds were involed ?

For now I will say RIR X Buff Brahma ???????

-pout-
chicken snob.

you got the crosses right
first generation
guess which parent was which breed then? (i know 50/50 right?)

on another note. would there be an interest if i worked on creating nice red colored brahmas?
or would milli or speckled sussex colorations be more desired?

I got another mutt that would be harder to trace, still loading pics.

Quote:
Muhahaha Told you I love these kind games. And I'll say a RIR roo on Brahma hen ??? But like you said, theres nothing to figure out there, just a 50 50 guess.

I personally would LOVE some solid Black L F Brahmas. But for what you asked, typically mille fleur ( mottled Buff columbian) would be easiest. And if you did make the Mottled Red Columbian ones ( Speck Suss color) then you would most likely get the the nice solid reds in route to the mottled reds, all three would be awesome though.

Quote:
Yeah it is a hen BTW.

I'm pretty sure there is some silkie in there and silkie crosses can be buggers to guess what they are unless you know, I have had all kinds of Silkie crosses and they all inherit silkie traits differently. I'll think about it a while or see if anyone else gets it.

Quote:
That's a poor photo as I cannot see if its legs truly are feathered or what color they are, but I'm going on Brahma x Polish, as it has no fifth toe, no dark skin, a golden incomplete Columbian color, and a smooth face.

Quote:
That's a poor photo as I cannot see if its legs truly are feathered or what color they are, but I'm going on Brahma x Polish, as it has no fifth toe, no dark skin, a golden incomplete Columbian color, and a smooth face.

alright, here is a better image of it. this one is alot more flighty, so pics were hard to snag.

45279_p1010100.jpg

Back
Top Bottom