Guess what It is.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ReiMiraa, Nov 1, 2010.

1. ReiMiraa

ReiMiraa Chillin' With My Peeps

it might be unfair. but i know his parents. so I know what he is. i just feel like testing out you guys today.
    so who is the chicken breed expert to guess this guys parentage?
    (best pic i could get of him, he is always on the move.....)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I love these kinds of games. Can you tell us if he is just any f1 of crossing two breeds or how many parental breeds were involed ?

For now I will say RIR X Buff Brahma ???????

3. ReiMiraa

-pout-
    chicken snob.

you got the crosses right
    first generation
    guess which parent was which breed then? (i know 50/50 right?)

on another note. would there be an interest if i worked on creating nice red colored brahmas?
    or would milli or speckled sussex colorations be more desired?

I got another mutt that would be harder to trace, still loading pics.

4. ReiMiraa

alright got another one:

it is a second generation. crossed. i believe its a hen.
    i can post front view angle if needed...
    good luck.

[​IMG]

5. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Muhahaha Told you I love these kind games. And I'll say a RIR roo on Brahma hen ??? But like you said, theres nothing to figure out there, just a 50 50 guess.

I personally would LOVE some solid Black L F Brahmas. But for what you asked, typically mille fleur ( mottled Buff columbian) would be easiest. And if you did make the Mottled Red Columbian ones ( Speck Suss color) then you would most likely get the the nice solid reds in route to the mottled reds, all three would be awesome though.

6. ReiMiraa

no one can guess the breeds the other chicken is?

7. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Yeah it is a hen BTW.

I'm pretty sure there is some silkie in there and silkie crosses can be buggers to guess what they are unless you know, I have had all kinds of Silkie crosses and they all inherit silkie traits differently. I'll think about it a while or see if anyone else gets it.

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:That's a poor photo as I cannot see if its legs truly are feathered or what color they are, but I'm going on Brahma x Polish, as it has no fifth toe, no dark skin, a golden incomplete Columbian color, and a smooth face.

9. ReiMiraa

Quote:That's a poor photo as I cannot see if its legs truly are feathered or what color they are, but I'm going on Brahma x Polish, as it has no fifth toe, no dark skin, a golden incomplete Columbian color, and a smooth face.

alright, here is a better image of it. this one is alot more flighty, so pics were hard to snag.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by