Guess who's fuzzy butts will be here Tuesday? Disappointed about delay in ECO BROODER 20, tho.

ladychicken&Ducklover

Songster
8 Years
May 21, 2011
Champion, Michigan
So, this is my 1st group of Silkies, Im so excited !:weee

Its been awhile since my son and I had baby fuzzy butts cheeping, peeping and running around absurdly , so we are hoping we remember everything, .like what the first week's temp should be, how long to be on medicated feed, etc..but its all coming back..

Im am quite disappointed with this delay in receiving the Eco Brooder 20 , however.

As soon as Brinsea said they now were re-stocked with the 20 and the 50, I jumped on it and ordered it thinking that I would have it by March 17 no problem, but Noooooooo, I get an email from Brinsea, 2 days ago, telling me that the 20 is " On Back order until the end of March " !!:he

I did email them back, suggesting they state that the 20 is back ordered under the item listed, so this doesnt happen to anyone else , but got no response.

I havent been on the website since then, so I dont know if they did or not.

So, now, Jr. and myself are running around trying to find the Ole red heat lamp and making sure its in working order.

In between building an 12x18 covered run , ( for my 2nd flock ) and the babies new coop and run mostly by myself except for putting roofing up, ( son's job ), I just finished building this group of babies a 36x24 brooder a certain way as to accommodate the new Eco Brooder . I just need to change up a few things in regards to the hardware cloth roof, to take the red heat lamp..No biggie, but I sure am not too keen on having to switch out heating units on the babies.

I do have a question about the Eco 20 for those who have used them.

Does the brooder raise up as the chicks grow so they can still run under it as needed ? I:idunno. I will have Buff Orps along with bantam EEs and the silkies, so

could someone let me know if there will be anything different as far as their heating is concerned ??

I have yet to use the new picture upload, so Ill learn it so I can take pics of the little fuzz butts..:plbb

Back
Top Bottom