Guinea fowl hatch date?!

View attachment 1867608 One has hatched! I realised that I didn’t properly prep the floor and I’m now worried about that haha. When should I take him out??
I let mine get dry before removing them from my hatcher. If necessary, they can stay in for a couple of days. Mine are usually dry within the first day of hatching.

I let mine get dry before removing them from my hatcher. If necessary, they can stay in for a couple of days. Mine are usually dry within the first day of hatching.

Okay! Can you remove them even if the others haven’t hatched yet? And will the floor be okay? I’m a worry wort haha

Okay! Can you remove them even if the others haven’t hatched yet? And will the floor be okay? I’m a worry wort haha
You can take them out even if the others haven't hatched. Try to only open the incubator for as short a period of time as possible. The bottom of my hatching trays are just hardware cloth and it does not present a problem.

54F84A42-E0FA-425F-82A8-B2721E2121C8.jpeg
:wee

7 out of 8 have hatched and are doing well!

The 8th hasn’t externally piped. I thought it had but under closer inspection it hasn’t. It was moving around yesterday and made noise but nothing today. Should I try and assist it? I was going to move the seven to the brooder today because they are making a MESS in the incubator.

7 out of 8 have hatched and are doing well!

The 8th hasn’t externally piped. I thought it had but under closer inspection it hasn’t. It was moving around yesterday and made noise but nothing today. Should I try and assist it? I was going to move the seven to the brooder today because they are making a MESS in the incubator.
If it hasn't pipped, it is too soon to help. You can move the hatched ones to the brooder. Seven out of 8 is really good.

If it hasn't pipped, it is too soon to help. You can move the hatched ones to the brooder. Seven out of 8 is really good.

Thank you!

Another question... one of the babies hatched weird and now seems unsteady on his feet. He still gets around but he doesn’t stand up completely and has to put his wings all the way out to walk. Should I put him back in the incubator? Or help him in some way? I’ve been giving him water with quik chik and he seems in good spirits outside of him unable to walk like the others.

I also have one with a cloudy eye... so I feel like I must’ve done something wrong during the incubating process.

Back
Top Bottom