Guinea Fowl not eating / sitting alot

pigloo

In the Brooder
May 10, 2018
Hi! I have a single male fowl by the name of Junior living with my brood of chickens (8 hens + one rooster + one Jr.) right now. Recently, Junior got an eye infection from either coming into contact with something dirty or from being pecked at by the rooster, we're not too sure, and while we cleaned out the wound and the swelling has reduced, his personality remained lackluster and he hasn't been his usual self : (

We're unsure if he's been drinking, but he's lost weight and he hasn't been eating. He sits in the coop or at the back underneath trees by himself these days, and he'd still run around with the flock every once in a while but there's definitely something wrong. The eye is still closed although in better shape and can open and we're thinking it might be stress. He hasn't shouted although he still chirps occasionally. Any suggestions as to how to get him to eat / improve his mood is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Guineas are a flock bird, I would imagine that he is depressed with no other guineas around. I was told to start with no less than 6 guineas at a time, more than that is better. Find him a guinea buddy would be my suggestion. good luck, hope he perks up!

Back
Top Bottom