Guinea Fowl

jake1

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 9, 2012
Hi, I am very interested in this website. I've noticed alot of information on poultry. Although I don't have any chickens, I do raise guinea fowl for our own pleasure and for the tick problem. I don't have much time right at the moment (at work) but later on I want to explore the website for any help with guines and hopefully be able to help others. Jake1

Greetings from Kansas, jake1, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy you joined us! I have thought a lot about guinea fowl but haven't yet made the move. I'm afraid that the first time I let them range I will never see them again. Good luck to you!!

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Hi redsoxs, Guinea's are great!! You have to train them to come back. When they are keets we keep them confined for 6 weeks in a brooder and every time we feed them we shake a can of rocks. When they are older they go in to the coop for a few weeks and we shake the can. Now they are about 9-10 weeks old and are allowed to free range. They are all let out at 7:30 in the a.m. and by 4:30 they are back. We shake a can of rocks and they all come running like crazy and go into the coop. Very cool to see!! Good tick control and good watch dogs. Thanks for the welcome and hope this gets to you. This seems a little confusing, but I haven't had a chance to explore all the websites. Jake1

Thanks for the info, and welcome! When I get home and have more time I will check it all out.

Back
Top Bottom