Guinea hen setting on nest should i let her?

Well good luck with yours
thumbsup.gif
i still can't get mine to hatch idk what it is.
idunno.gif

I was just looking at the picture of the baby with the Mother.......how does something that cute grow up to look like that? I love my guineas but they are kind of crazy looking!

We let one of our guineas sit her eggs since she had chosen a safe nesting site, in the thick cane plants right behind our dog kennels. We had to gather up the babies when they started hatching though because when she would get up to go eat or get a drink, the babies would start out following her, then a chicken would walk by and they'd start following it; three actually took off following our calves! Anything moving they would follow, so for their own safety we brought them in. Oh boy, another big cardboard box in the kitchen!
roll.png

We have another hen that's on a nest under a wood pile that is also in a pretty safe place near the front of our place and close to the house, so we're letting her go for it. I did have to gather and incubate one nest that they had made back near the back of our property in another wood pile. It is far from the dog kennels, away from everything, so the best spot for something to get her in the night while she was sitting.

And btw, that pic is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!

Quote:
I personally love my guineas face, it makes them unquie---they are alot friendlier than my chicken---My went through alot so they are very tame

Quote:
That is were one of my guineas decided to sit---in cane..Which really safe considering its right by our house and its under abuilding. Lol i have my guineas-chicks-peas-ducks or in general anything thats a baby in my room till i think its ready for they garage.

now comes the fun part..trying to take the keets away from the mom...i have 4 hens sitting in a 55gallon plastic drum and they have hatched out a mess of keets...now i have to bite the bullet and take them from her...not something i am looking forward too... still have 3 hens sitting on a mess of eggs in a 55 gallon metal drum..... they still have a while before that one hatches...they are like little feathered pit bulls when it comes to the babies...wish me luck....will wait until the cover of darkness and hope for the best......

They are the most aggressive Mom's I have ever come in contact with. My chickens are laying eggs with the guineas and I have to move them to get to the chicken eggs....I have to wear a glove and even still they hurt! Good luck with your task!

Back
Top Bottom