Guinea keet poop is watery

johnsonhillfarm

Songster
Jul 1, 2021
My keets arrived this morning and all are in great shape. They are drinking and eating some. I put the vitamins in their water that the farm provided which makes the water yellow. I followed directions on the correct amount to add. When I first got them they did little green solid poop before I had given them water/food. Now since drinking the water, lots of watery yellow (probably from vitamins) and some green poop. All water. They are for sure drinking more water than eating at the moment, but all of them have had both. Is this normal? They are 3 days old. They seem very happy and are all very energetic.

Green poop is completely normal for the first poop.

Can you take a picture of your setup?
Do you have a thermometer in the brooder?

Green poop is completely normal for the first poop.

Can you take a picture of your setup?
Do you have a thermometer in the brooder?
I do have a thermometer, but it is hard to measure with the EcoGlow. They seem to be fine with the temp under it based on behavior. This was earlier when I was trying to teach them where their food and water was, I moved the water and food a little further back.

Attachments

• keets.jpg
    keets.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 7
Thanks.

I can't see the feed size well from your picture... If the pieces of feed look kind of big you might want to take a hammer to them and smash them up a little bit. (While it's inside of a ziplock bag)

Thanks.

I can't see the feed size well from your picture... If the pieces of feed look kind of big you might want to take a hammer to them and smash them up a little bit. (While it's inside of a ziplock bag)
So you think they are not getting enough feed because it might be too big? It is a starter feed for game birds. They were eating some out of my hand, but there are a few pieces that are big in there.

Back
Top Bottom