Guinea talk.

We are back up in action!

Hopefully this weekend we will be proud owners of our first guinea fowl clutch. 9 out of 11 eggs developed. All eggs are now out of the auto egg turner and waiting for first signs of pipping. Pictures will come as soon as I have keets to show.

And a question before they hatch. How long do I keep them in the incubator after hatching before I move them to a brooder box?

So I need some help, I took 3 eggs from my guineas and put them in with our Silkie chicken and she's been laying on them. When I candle the eggs I can see the babies inside movie around and do my question is how much longer should they have till they hatch.

So I need some help, I took 3 eggs from my guineas and put them in with our Silkie chicken and she's been laying on them. When I candle the eggs I can see the babies inside movie around and do my question is how much longer should they have till they hatch.

I'm seeing movement as well as the eggs rocked last night on their own. I am truly excited to see what we get in this clucth. I would also say it should not be long if the babies are moving depending on what day of incubation it is.

Glad to be back here. I hope everyone has good luck with their hatching.

Rhonda your view is so nice and I sure couldn't tell you had snow predicted. Has Ella went broody yet. Keeping my fingers crossed for that.

Mary Jane continues to set on her eggs tomorrow is the due date. Spiderman will sure be happy when she gets off that nest. He spends most of his time hanging out with the flock of ducks. They have welcomed him into their flock. He still visits us in the house and complains about everything. He is still his loveable self and has showed no signs of aggression.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

At 2:30 am est we are blessed with our first keet.

No name yet but the little one is very talkative, just like delta.
his/her egg number was 8 lets hope for more by morning.

IMG_20170521_025336_hdr.jpg

Egg 4 just hatched at 9am, both are doing great and talking to the others to encourage them to join the living world and get out of the egg.

Hatchling 1 made its will known to come to my voice when i said welcome to the world to the other one. They scampered over the other eggs towards my voice and were stopped by the brooders walls.

Attachments

• IMG_20170521_090455_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20170521_090455_hdr.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20170521_090447_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20170521_090447_hdr.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom