Guineas and turkeys together?

Heather J

Songster
11 Years
May 29, 2008
I know I've heard you can house chickens and guineas in one pen, and I could go that direction, but I was thinking of adding a pen this summer to raise turkeys (if I can stay away from my computer long enough to build a coop!) and I'd really like to try guineas too. I have a neighbor who I'm sure will let me have some eggs (though I'm totally tempted to try blue or purple varieties, I probably ought to start with free eggs. lol)

I've done lots of research on them, I just have to decide on housing, and if I really want to add yet another pen of bird to my 45-minute (minimum) morning animal tending routine. (and then there's the evening one, lol).

Yes alot of people house guineas with turkeys. They will do great together.

I would go for the free eggs to start then if you like, then buy some. But if you can get ones for free then that is the way too go.

I have guineas and turkeys roosting in the same barn. They free range during the day. I notice the guineas roost high in the rafters as well as some of turkey hens. The heavy toms roost lower....
No problems at all with them together. It is like they just ignore each other....

I have done this a nd the guineas were a little bit mean to the Turkeys and they also ate the Beards off all my Toms. Other than that they worked pretty well. The turkeys may have had some hearing damage afterwards.

Mine all free-range together (guineas and turkeys) but the guineas are really weird and go off and mostly do their own thing together and they ignore each other.

Back
Top Bottom