Guineas Eggs - again

yuppers,,, did that,, i figure it'll make her juicy hehe
big_smile.png
wink.png

All I can say is you're in good company... I'm hatching, Cyn's hatching, you're hatching, and I'm sure there are many other addicts that are going to be brooding into Winter.
smile.png

hugs.gif
I'm glad there's no cure.

I have been raising french guinea's about 5 year's and I have a great hatching from my incubator. First you need a good bator. I have two sportsman bator's and have hatched and sold over 400 guinea keet's this year alone. They are still laying daily and guinea's are easy to raise where I am at...Kentucky...Get you a good bator and you will have no problem's...That's all I have to say about that...

Last edited:
Quote:
i think im getting 1 of those "high hatch" incubators from McMurray this week,,,have any of you guys used 1 or heard of someone that has?
Sorry MissPrissy,,,not highjacking,,hehe
wink.png
ive sold 4 or 5 hundred keets this year,( have stro bator) ,,hehe,,( i buy mine a day old from a lady across town lol )

I hatched 8 guineas out of 12 shipped eggs.

I was down to 9 eggs by hatch time and 1 did not hatch. They were my first experience hatching eggs. I have a little giant still air incubator from TSC and turned them all by hand. I tried the dry incubation and humidity was usually around 35-40% sometimes + or - and they all hatched out fine on their own. I don't know if the "dry" incubation helped or not but thought I would mention it.

The last one to hatch has a messed up leg, but the 7 others are all fine.

I don't seem to have much luck hatching Guinea eggs. The shells are too tough and the keats suffocate.

My hen hatched a batch of 18 Labor day weekend and only 3 eggs were no good. Mother nature and a mother hen do much better. She was quite pittiful when I took them away though, I felt really guilty about taking her babies from her. But there is no way they would have survived the cold fall we are having already.

Good luck Miss Prissy. baby guineas are adorable. I still have 16 little keats with two baby Silkies. Maybe next year those silkies can replace the bator for me.

Back
Top Bottom