*gulp* what do I do with them when they're "done"?

Aw shucks, Lil Chickie Mama!
tongue.png
Thanks!
big_smile.png

I've canned them in two ways....I've cold packed them just like canning any other meat and I've cooked them down, picked off the bone and canned the broth and meat. I did this method today.

Now I can just go out to the cellar and "buy" some homemade chicken soup, add noodles and I have a quick meal. I love that feeling!
smile.png

I buy chicken at the store cuz "they didn't know me". I don't feel any emotion when I sell or give away xtra roos but I could never have anything to do with the butchering.

Quote:
cook the feet? How do you cook the feet??? What an interesting idea!! Do you eat them with the rest of the meat? And how do you do THAT???

MAN I learn a lot on this website!!!!!!!!!
lol.png

Quote:
cook the feet? How do you cook the feet??? What an interesting idea!! Do you eat them with the rest of the meat? And how do you do THAT???

MAN I learn a lot on this website!!!!!!!!!
lol.png

boil them down the same way you would a soup bone .... feet inpart an excellent flavor to chicken stock ---- much richer than boiling down thighs

Apparently they wash them rather well, I would imagine bleach is involved. I think they boil them enough to peel the skin and then boil them more thoroughly to extract the stock...guess this type of stock is much more gelatinous than that derived from just cooking down a chicken.

I've never tried it but older ladies swear that you just don't have chicken stock until you make it from feet.
tongue.png

Quote:
My chickens are my pets and my friends and I don't eat my friends OR my pets. Mine will die of old age and have a proper buriel in my bird cemetery.

Back
Top Bottom