Gun control and the second amendment....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it has begun. Dianne feinstien on Meet the Press (which has gone way downhill IMO) is swearing she will present an assault weapons ban. A person who represents and funded by people who live in guarded gated commmunities, by actors with armed security people and walls around them and osupported by anti gun folk telling those that do not have access that kind of security that the dumb average american really does not know what is best for them or how to protect themselves... that woman and her ilk make me sick. She is more concerned about her image to the people that support her than to the average american or she just likes to hear herself talk.

I would like to hear some real solutions that are realistic come from the lips of our elected representatives for a change.

She was not the only one on the panel this morning who is calling for or supports some kind of limitation on the use and ownership of assault type weapons. The voices are now many and will increase rapidily until some kind of restriction becomes the law of the land.

Also, I find it hard to comprehend the reasoning behind this theory that the more guns in more peoples hands will make us safer, It is as lucid as the recent statements made by Huckabee and the Westboro Baptist Church. Birds of a feather.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
She was not the only one on the panel this morning who is calling for or supports some kind of limitation on the use and ownership of assault type weapons. The voices are now many and will increase rapidily until some kind of restriction becomes the law of the land.

Also, I find it hard to comprehend the reasoning behind this theory that the more guns in more peoples hands will make us safer, It is as lucid as the recent statements made by that fat pig, Huckabee and the Westboro Baptist Church. Birds of a feather.
There are some limitation even I may support but very few. I think you are right in something will become law and it will make some of us FEEL safer but in reality will not prevent a repeat of Newtown. The guy from DofHS had the best grip on reality in what needs done.

Maybe we should gather up all Americans and test them equally for all mental illnesses. We have big stadiums, could send them a letter to report to said stadium and send the cops to the homes of those that claim they have no guns and take them at gunpoint to the stadiums. Maybe if we played propaganda over loud speakers at these stadiums while we were testing za peoples ve vould evesually have created a vay to control za peoples. Just a thought DaphneNL.

Sorry for my frail attempt at humor/sarcasm but ideas like this is where lost rights begin...at least historically speaking.

I'm a big fan of sarcasm, really, but this isn't sarcasm, just an absurd reaction. You can disagree with me, and I can respect that, but what makes a discussion about such an important subject impossible is ridiculing other people's opinions in a way like you just did.
It hurts me to browse the internet and see all the discussions about the right to own weapons, and to notice that nobody is interested in another opinion but their own. How will that solve any problem?

Also, I find it hard to comprehend the reasoning behind this theory that the more guns in more peoples hands will make us safer,

It hurts me to browse the internet and see all the discussions about the right to own weapons, and to notice that nobody is interested in another opinion but their own. How will that solve any problem?
Yes, to both of these.

I'm a big fan of sarcasm, really, but this isn't sarcasm, just an absurd reaction. You can disagree with me, and I can respect that, but what makes a discussion about such an important subject impossible is ridiculing other people's opinions in a way like you just did.
I do respect your opinion but quite seriously you are half a world away, live in a region that guns are treated like tabacco is over here. We have tried your approach here actually, we tried it with alcohol we tried it with banning certain weapons and every time it does not work and has the opposite effect. I heard this morning that gun sales are already up and that the system that does background checks is seeing so high of usage that they fear the system will crash. This is more than my opinion it is messing with a right we have that is 2nd to freedom of speech, religion, the press, to assemble and so on, it is not just about owning a gun.

I will apologise and will remove the post.

I want to know your thoughts on it. Do you believe we should have the right to own weapons? Do you believe we should conceal carry them and do you believe we should open carry them.
I believe we should be allowed to own weapons, conceal carry, and open carry.
I believe we should own: handguns, shotguns, and rifles.
I believe people have the right to not own firearms.
I also believe people have the right to hunt, which requires weapons.

For every complex problem there is a simple solution that simply does not work. But simple sure sound good, doesn't it.

In my work, I noticed that anytime something big happened, management had to be seen doing something. Usually they addressed the wrong thing and just made things worse, but they were seen as proactive in addressing the situation. They got a lot of brownie points for being so proactive and responsive, especially from people that had no idea of what was really going on.

How can you ever stop something like this? You can come up with all kinds of scenarios of what might have happened if this or that, but that is not what happened. Those scenarios are just fantasy.

Check this link to see what just happened in China. This was after they beefed up security due to stuff happening in 2010.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/world/asia/china-knife-attack/index.html

You can rant and rave on both sides of the gun issue all you want. Keep concentrating on guns, guns, guns. It's simple. That will make a lot of people happy. People can argue and maybe even be seen to do something simple, while totally ignoring what really caused it. I can't see a way ot stop anything like this from ever happening again simply because you are dealing with people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom