Gun control and the second amendment....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. My husband owns one right now and as I stated he will give it up with no issue if it is for the greater good of saving others lives. If the government decides to reinstate the ban that Clinton had in place from 1994 to 2004, so be it. As far as my opinion, as I stated it is MINE. I don't look to change anyone's thoughts on the subject as nobody will change mine. As someone else said others here have issue with the ones who don't agree with their views and apparently like to keep beating that dead horse. Everyone has a right to their opinion but people shouldn't get smart with people because theirs doesn't reflect yours. This isn't a debate, it has been a lashing to some. There is something called respect.

Your husband is a potential mass murderer? If not I don't see how his giving up his weapon would save others lives. The prior ban on so-called assault rifles didn't require owners of existing weapons to give them up, it banned future sales. I suspect the proposed future ban would also exclude existing weapons so fortunately your husband won't have to give up his weapon. Frankly, if your husband feels as strongly about the threat these weapons represent I don't understand why he bought one to begin with.
If there has been a lack of respect shown in this discussion I think it has been from both sides.

Good point on the private sales. I was talking about buying from a store. You can get anything in private sales.
I don't think government can even regulate private sales. They can try to but good luck with that.

Last edited:
Yep. My husband owns one right now and as I stated he will give it up with no issue if it is for the greater good of saving others lives. If the government decides to reinstate the ban that Clinton had in place from 1994 to 2004, so be it. As far as my opinion, as I stated it is MINE. I don't look to change anyone's thoughts on the subject as nobody will change mine. As someone else said others here have issue with the ones who don't agree with their views and apparently like to keep beating that dead horse. Everyone has a right to their opinion but people shouldn't get smart with people because theirs doesn't reflect yours. This isn't a debate, it has been a lashing to some. There is something called respect.

Your husband is a potential mass murderer? If not I don't see how his giving up his weapon would save others lives. The prior ban on so-called assault rifles didn't require owners of existing weapons to give them up, it banned future sales. I suspect the proposed future ban would also exclude existing weapons so fortunately your husband won't have to give up his weapon. Frankly, if your husband feels as strongly about the threat these weapons represent I don't understand why he bought one to begin with.
If there has been a lack of respect shown in this discussion I think it has been from both sides.

Some people aren't worth the time.

Gun shows

Craig's list

Your neighbor

Lots of ways to get one that require nothing but cash.

You've clearly never been to a gun show if you think all you need is cash. My dad has bought two guns at a gun show, had to go through all the paperwork.

As for the others, what, precisely, can be done about it? Nothing. It's called trade, and it's something that humans engage in. Congratulations for noticing this.

I don't feel it's for me, or you, to decide what other people need. Personally, I own any number of things I probably don't really need.
ya know... this is kinda funny.. cause my sisters insisted that i don't NEED my chickens (and other poultry).. their excuse: there is perfectly good eggs and meat at the store.. and if they had their way NO ONE would own chickens except for the big factory farms!
besides they say that chickens are noisy. smelly and carry germs which make them a hazard to people's health... besides all of that, poultry can be dangerous (one of my sisters was tore up by a big ol rooster when she was - in her words - an "innocent little child"). Which ..by her way of thinking should make them against the law to own.

I agree. See, I'm not on here to convince YOU or MamaRoo or whoever else thinks they make themselves safer by trying to deny me my rights. I'm here to let others see how miserably your arguments fail in the face of the facts and common sense. I'll never convince you, and you'll never convince me - nobody ever backs down in public debates. It's the viewers who can be swayed, because they have no stake in it.

I'll ask again:

You people had your "Assault Weapons" Ban for ten years. It didn't work. What makes you think banning them again would make any difference?

What good would banning OMGBIGSCARYRIFLES do, considering that the vast majority of guns used in crime are dinky pocket pistols?

For crying out loud, what kind of restriction/ban/whatever are you actually advocating?!

That someone could even make a statement about kids like that, even in sarcasm, shows how much we as a society have regressed.

ya know... this is kinda funny.. cause my sisters insisted that i don't NEED my chickens (and other poultry).. their excuse: there is perfectly good eggs and meat at the store.. and if they had their way NO ONE would own chickens except for the big factory farms!
besides they say that chickens are noisy. smelly and carry germs which make them a hazard to people's health... besides all of that, poultry can be dangerous (one of my sisters was tore up by a big ol rooster when she was - in her words - an "innocent little child"). Which ..by her way of thinking should make them against the law to own.

That's crazy. Back in 1918 it was considered a person's patriotic duty to keep chickens because of the need of self-reliance in face of the war effort. I see no reason why it shouldn't be such now, as we are now facing more problems than we did when the American Revolution began.

I agree.  See, I'm not on here to convince YOU or MamaRoo or whoever else thinks they make themselves safer by trying to deny me my rights.  I'm here to let others see how miserably your arguments fail in the face of the facts and common sense.  I'll never convince you, and you'll never convince me - nobody ever backs down in public debates.  It's the viewers who can be swayed, because they have no stake in it.
[/quote
I'm not denying your rights. I am voicing an opinion, one you don't agree with, and that is fine. You do not have to be attacking my opinion or anyone else's to get your point across, but that is what you are doing. This isn't a debate, this is about you being right. I respect your opinion, try respecting someone else's. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom