Gun enthusiasts anything from Hunting to target shooters.

Pics
It's my go-to. Great all around rifle, rounds are cheap and easily available. Deer and pronghorn yes, reasonable takedown on wild hogs, don't know about bears.
It'll take anything down if you hit it right. However, this one doesn't really have enough power behind it past about 100 for a bear kill. It would scare it off/and or tick it off.

Bingo. We had some HUGE wild hogs in Florida and Alabama. I wouldn't go after one of those unless I KNEW what I was carrying would stop it dead in it's tracks. Those beasts are MEAN!
I've seen a mortally wounded wild hog get up and try and kill someone, with its very last breath. A sidearm is an extremely good idea. Smaller hogs don't seem to be quite as much of an issue in my experience

We actually had a day of school canceled due to a large boar on school property. They didn't want the kids anywhere near the place until thesheriff hauled it off with his wench and made good and sure it was dead and gone. Took several rounds. He was pushing 300 pounds. Deep in the scrub with all the undisturbed federal land, those big boys get huge.

We actually had a day of school canceled due to a large boar on school property. They didn't want the kids anywhere near the place until thesheriff hauled it off with his wench and made good and sure it was dead and gone. Took several rounds. He was pushing 300 pounds. Deep in the scrub with all the undisturbed federal land, those big boys get huge.

:eek: wow
Hope the kids got to eat it for lunch the next day :gig

Back
Top Bottom