Gun enthusiasts anything from Hunting to target shooters.

Pics
It is opening day of gun season here in AL and I decided to try hunting with my revolver this morning. I woke up a little later than I planned but I was able to get setup in my ground blind about 15 minutes before legal light. About an hour later I had a doe come out and she stood broadside 27 yards. I shot her square in the shoulder with a handloaded 240gr XTP bullet. She took off running into a pine thicket and I heard her crash shortly after.

I waited about 30 minutes then slowly followed the very good blood trail through a narrow trail into the thicket. She ended up running 90yds and expired right in the middle of a fire break at the edge of the thicket. This is my first handgun kill so I was pretty excited. Can't wait to get a few more and make some sausage....

Nice shot. ( I'm SO jealous )

Sorry about the quality but I thought y'all would enjoy this.

Attachments

• IMG_20210112_185724.jpg
    IMG_20210112_185724.jpg
    836.3 KB · Views: 10
This is a thread for folks that either want to talk, show off, share information on does and donts, likes or dis like, whats new to you or in general, aftermarket modifications, diy mods, hand loads, glass/eye pieces, what you are using or whatever comes to your mind about guns, hunting or target practice!

Im sure weve got some hunters and paper shooters out there. Post picture of yalls setups for either or both!View attachment 1097102
Heres my little 270 hunting rifle and 500 yard gun. It's got a few odds and ends best thing yet so far was reworking the trigger its at a comfortable 2lbs.
i have a slingshot that i shoot spcies like doves with fro hunting im looking to get a blowgun and then an airfifle

Yup. And ammo for competitive Bullseye Pistol is expensive even in good times. I really need to get into reloading and make my own. Some day...

Hey, dry fire is free!

Good luck finding a press, let alone powder, primers or bullets. I've got several boxes for everything I own

i did skeet or trap shooting once not sure what one.

long story short i got like 20 or 21 out of 25, the safety officer there (who was my teacher for fire arm safety) said i was a natural, and told me to keep at it. as this was my first time shooting a shotgun.
now only if that helped me hit birds when hunting. as i don't even want to know my percentage of shots fired to birds down. (maybe 1 or 2 for every box)

Back
Top Bottom