Gun enthusiasts anything from Hunting to target shooters.

Pics
My uncle lives in LA and he brings some deer sausage when he comes to visit. It's very good and has a unique flavor like nothing you can get around here. He gets his done at Leger Deer Processing in Port Barre, LA. I called them last year and she shipped me a bunch of her homemade spice blend so that's what I use. I also cut up a bunch green onions and mixed them in. It's 60/40 deer to pork and the pork is 70/30 Boston butt to bacon ends.

The rest I mixed up using Legs #10 seasoning which is one of my favorites.
Good ol legers.. im from Krotz springs. Whos your uncle? Hopefully he brings u bourques sweet bread too!

I used to duck hunt henderson some. Stil sacalait fish there once in a blue moon. I only live 5 miles from it by the way thr crow flies. My family owned the crawfish plant next door to pats for several years. Til they moved the facility to bayou pigeon about 3 or 4 yrs ago.

My DH bought me a Tasco Red Dot 1 x 30mm Rifle Scope 5 MOA Dot Reticle. I like it but I have issues with my eyesite and would like even a cap for the lens with a crosshair. Is there such a thing. I see the red dot ok but I would like to be able to align it with a crosshair for a better shot. I have a scope but he prefers the Red Dot. I do pretty well with it but my scope has a crosshair. I miss it.

My DH bought me a Tasco Red Dot 1 x 30mm Rifle Scope 5 MOA Dot Reticle. I like it but I have issues with my eyesite and would like even a cap for the lens with a crosshair. Is there such a thing. I see the red dot ok but I would like to be able to align it with a crosshair for a better shot. I have a scope but he prefers the Red Dot. I do pretty well with it but my scope has a crosshair. I miss it.
No there isn't that I know of. Because the crosshair would have to be adjustable to get it to line up with the red dot.

I have an astigmatism so some red dots work well for me but some look funky like a slanted line with a Starburst in the middle.

When shooting red dots I like to turn the brightness down as low as I can until I can just barely see the dot. They're a lot easier to shoot this way IMO. Having a big bright red dot is kind of distracting and makes it hard for me to focus on the target. Maybe try turning the brightness way down and see if that helps you....

Last edited:
I can adjust the for the windage and elevation of the red dot but I need a reference point and the cross hairs in the other scope are nice but with the scope, I had to adjust where the lines crossed and did a pretty good job, but it sure would be nice to be able to put a crosshair on the lens to use a a reference point on where to aim the red dot. I use paper plates for practice.
This is a paper plate. I was using with the red dot. I was aiming at the black spot in the center, but my eyes have gotten worse. I marked each hit with a spot and then shined a light behind it and I caught the edge of the bullseye a couple of times. But I'm missing my mark. IMG_20190714_172841.jpg IMG_20190714_172933.jpg

I can adjust the for the windage and elevation of the red dot but I need a reference point and the cross hairs in the other scope are nice but with the scope, I had to adjust where the lines crossed and did a pretty good job, but it sure would be nice to be able to put a crosshair on the lens to use a a reference point on where to aim the red dot. I use paper plates for practice.
This is a paper plate. I was using with the red dot. I was aiming at the black spot in the center, but my eyes have gotten worse. I marked each hit with a spot and then shined a light behind it and I caught the edge of the bullseye a couple of times. But I'm missing my mark.View attachment 2546691View attachment 2546692
How far were you shooting? That looks like a decent little group.

In regards to precision shooting, I think the size of the dot (5 moa) is keeping you from being precise.

A 5 moa dot is a very big dot (and it's even bigger when the brightness is turned way up). The dot will completely cover a 1.25" circle at 25yds, a 2.5" circle at 50yds, or a 5" circle at 100yds. So it's hard to be precise (almost impossible really) when the dot completely covers the bullseye your're trying to aim at. A standard crosshair will allow you to aim more precisely which I think is what you were getting at.

Last edited:
Yes, when I was in the army and when we were at the shooting ranges I qualified as an expert and was dead on the mark every time. I know I was much younger then but I could hit the bullseye most every time. I do have some eye issues that were put on hold due to covid. Hopefully that will be addressed soon.

Back
Top Bottom