Gun enthusiasts anything from Hunting to target shooters.

Pics
what gun you getting? if you don't mind me asking.

i just got a swiss 1896/11 now got to find ammo for it lol.
I had to look that up. Beautiful rifle. If I recall they were very popular about 100 years ago when the Swiss were upgrading and the rifles were surplus. It must be hard to find one in good shape now. Please keep us up to date.

I just watched a YouTube video of that swiss 1896/11. That's a pretty cool gun. I like how the action operates, reminds me of the Blazer rifles where the bolt slides forward and backwards without being lifted up.

I have a bunch of ARs but I've always liked the classic fixed stock, iron sights, and 20" barrel on the M16 A1 and 2. I recently ordered a M16A2 clone lower and I've decided to build an A2 replica (not exact but close). I've always wanted a fixed carry handle upper. Almost all my guns have optics but there's something about shooting iron sights that's just plain fun, lol. Plus it's more rugged, no batteries to fail, it's just simple and works.

Recently I've been getting interested inearlier US service rifles and would love to own a springfield trapdoor, 1903, and an M1a one day. I guess the classics are all starting to grow on me. I have a Browning Maxus but recently I've been skeet shooting and duck hunting with my grandfather's Browning A-5.

Last edited:

He told me but I don't remember. I'll have to ask him again. I can't remember what I did two minutes ago. I do remember that he used to have a Swiss but I don't remember the model. He had a hard time finding ammo for it so he did find the shells and made his own ammo. We are old folks and he doesn't do it anymore so he gave most of his guns away and all of his ammo equipment. It might be the same one. It had a sight that could be elevated because it could shoot a very long distance.

I don't remember the exact model but it is a 410 Henry. Apparently it is hard to come by but the gun dealer found one in I believe Kentucky and is having it shipped to his gun shop. Just waiting for a call that it has come in.

I don't remember the exact model but it is a 410 Henry. Apparently it is hard to come by but the gun dealer found one in I believe Kentucky and is having it shipped to his gun shop. Just waiting for a call that it has come in.
Looks like a fun gun. Should take care of any predators short of a bear. Low recoil and a wide range of ammo, bird shot to slugs

I had to look that up. Beautiful rifle. If I recall they were very popular about 100 years ago when the Swiss were upgrading and the rifles were surplus. It must be hard to find one in good shape now. Please keep us up to date.
thanks, doing a bit of research on mine. turns out it was made in 1899 (same year one my great grandmother was born) and is P stamped (was bought by a solider) which from research might lower its collector value to some.

this one was rack grade (which came in much better shape then i expected) but there are a few of them still floating around here in Canada.

Back
Top Bottom