Gun enthusiasts anything from Hunting to target shooters.

Pics
Wait a minute! I thought you were talking about the .410 lever action Henry Rifle makes currently. If that is an old gun I Really want to learn more about it.
Is it military?
What carthage does it fire? :drool
sorry i was talking about both that Henry lever action shotgun and my Swiss 1896/11 (think Cmom was the Henry)

its a Swiss military straight pull model of 1896/11 (which is just the 1896 model updated to fire the Swiss GP11 round) 6 round detachable mag (loads with stripper clips) sighted in for around 300-2000m fires a 7.5x55 cartridge (uses a .308 bullet)

if you want more history i would highly recommend checking out C and arsenal on YouTube its like an hour long video but its very good.

sorry i was talking about both that Henry lever action shotgun and my Swiss 1896/11 (think Cmom was the Henry)

its a Swiss military straight pull model of 1896/11 (which is just the 1896 model updated to fire the Swiss GP11 round) 6 round detachable mag (loads with stripper clips) sighted in for around 300-2000m fires a 7.5x55 cartridge (uses a .308 bullet).

if you want more history i would highly recommend checking out C and arsenal on YouTube its like an hour long video but its very good.
I realized I was confusing the two just now any tried to delete it before anyone saw it. :oops:.
You were too quick for me.:rolleyes:

Pan lubing 45 Colt along with some powder coated ones. Had a bit of trouble with powder coat and still messing with that.

Lube is 75% rendered deer fat and 25% beeswax. I can't yet tell the difference between shooting bare lubes or PC in the conversion cylinder in the 1858. They all ring the bell at 20 yards.

I am getting into the big meplat Flay point bullets and reading about hutnig with them. Waiting on a Lyman mold to try for 30-30 and 30.06 maybe. I would like larger for the latter but not finding a larger flat point I like yet.

pan_lubed_3.jpg

pan_lubed_5.jpg

Pan lubing 45 Colt along with some powder coated ones. Had a bit of trouble with powder coat and still messing with that.

Lube is 75% rendered deer fat and 25% beeswax. I can't yet tell the difference between shooting bare lubes or PC in the conversion cylinder in the 1858. They all ring the bell at 20 yards.

I am getting into the big meplat Flay point bullets and reading about hutnig with them. Waiting on a Lyman mold to try for 30-30 and 30.06 maybe. I would like larger for the latter but not finding a larger flat point I like yet.

pan_lubed_3.jpg

pan_lubed_5.jpg

Can you explain what you are doing? What’s the goal? I’m not familiar with this process.

Pan lubing? You set the bullets in a pan and melt lube and pour around them until it fills up over all the lube grooves. Let it harden and then you push on the nose of the bullet and it pops out of the lube with the grooves full.

Below shows them after popping them out of the lube. These are only 200 grain 452 bullets so one lube groove and the top is the crimp groove. The lube pops out of the crimp groove when crimped and I whip it off. It stays in the bottom one until fired. Lube is usually used to soften black powder fowling, even though I an using smokeless powder here is just lubes the barrel with pure lead.

Powder coat makes a pseudo jacket for the lead.

pan_lubed_4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom