Gun enthusiasts anything from Hunting to target shooters.

Pics
Here's a fella I got a pic of yesterday eve at work. They don't allow hunting but a guy sure can dream.
20201121_203735.jpg

On my property I've went out a couple times but just see the same 3 does. I'll leave them alone so they can lure some fellas over.

It is opening day of gun season here in AL and I decided to try hunting with my revolver this morning. I woke up a little later than I planned but I was able to get setup in my ground blind about 15 minutes before legal light. About an hour later I had a doe come out and she stood broadside 27 yards. I shot her square in the shoulder with a handloaded 240gr XTP bullet. She took off running into a pine thicket and I heard her crash shortly after.

I waited about 30 minutes then slowly followed the very good blood trail through a narrow trail into the thicket. She ended up running 90yds and expired right in the middle of a fire break at the edge of the thicket. This is my first handgun kill so I was pretty excited. Can't wait to get a few more and make some sausage....

heard handgun hunting is tough, (i don't have any handguns plus we can not hunt with them in Canada they go to the range and back)

well waiting for bear season this spring. think am going to take my mosin. not sure though.

how did everyone's hunting season go?

heard handgun hunting is tough, (i don't have any handguns plus we can not hunt with them in Canada they go to the range and back)

well waiting for bear season this spring. think am going to take my mosin. not sure though.

how did everyone's hunting season go?

Haven't hunted with a handgun in many yrs. Killed a few whitetails with them. Nothing big, but it was definitely challenging.

I filled the freezer this yr, two with the bow, and two with the ML. Grand nephews did ok too.

Shot a doe in September and this buck in October he walked right under me and I spined him. Only buck hunted up until Thanksgiving. Then sat out rifle season waiting on my daughter to shoot one and she never did. I'm not making that mistake next year!! Then i got the flu during the two week muzzleloader season and I couldn't hunt for fear of shating my pants, if you get my meaning. :rolleyes:

Sweet with the sausage. What flavor did you make? Your own recipe or a kt? I made Sweet Italian brats from a half pig we butchered and loose maple sausage and man is that good!!

Attachments

• 10-30-20_2.JPG
    10-30-20_2.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Sweet with the sausage. What flavor did you make? Your own recipe or a kt? I made Sweet Italian brats from a half pig we butchered and loose maple sausage and man is that good!!

My uncle lives in LA and he brings some deer sausage when he comes to visit. It's very good and has a unique flavor like nothing you can get around here. He gets his done at Leger Deer Processing in Port Barre, LA. I called them last year and she shipped me a bunch of her homemade spice blend so that's what I use. I also cut up a bunch green onions and mixed them in. It's 60/40 deer to pork and the pork is 70/30 Boston butt to bacon ends.

The rest I mixed up using Legs #10 seasoning which is one of my favorites.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom