Gun enthusiasts anything from Hunting to target shooters.

No long guns, but I do have these.

View attachment 1098426

Sig Sauer P229 (.40 cal/.357), J.C Higgins Model 80 (.22 Long Rife) & Springfield XD9 Service 4" (9mm).
J.C Higgins Model 80 (.22 Long Rife) - is classic!
I just watched a YouTube video of that swiss 1896/11. That's a pretty cool gun. I like how the action operates, reminds me of the Blazer rifles where the bolt slides forward and backwards without being lifted up.

I have a bunch of ARs but I've always liked the classic fixed stock, iron sights, and 20" barrel on the M16 A1 and 2. I recently ordered a M16A2 clone lower and I've decided to build an A2 replica (not exact but close). I've always wanted a fixed carry handle upper. Almost all my guns have optics but there's something about shooting iron sights that's just plain fun, lol. Plus it's more rugged, no batteries to fail, it's just simple and works. But I haver read several gun control essay examples for my studies at https://graduateway.com/essay-examples/gun-control/ and found that you have to have some knowledge about laws of maintaining such guns for personal use.

Lately, I've been curious about earlier US service rifles and would adore holding a Springfield trapdoor, 1903, and an M1a one day. I think the masterpieces are all starting to grow on me. I own a Browning Maxus, but lately, I've been skeet shooting and duck hunting with my grandfather's Browning A-5.
"Swiss 1896/11" - such finely crafted rifles got a 96/11 with all matching numbers, manufactured in 1905, and it just doesn't disappoint.

upd: additional info https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schmidt–Rubin
-

Last edited:
Wish I had more time to hunt, it's been a crazy year and a half. I hardly have time for fishing anymore but my son, 18 is a gun enthusiast. I'm a gun guy but I wouldn't qualify as an enthusiast.

He just picked up an AR and we shoot it at the public range. I'm not crazy about it, not that I'm afraid of it - it's just too small for me, too light. I have an old Yugo SKS for a "fun gun" that I like shooting more.

He also just bought a shotgun, Mossburg. I have a 40yr old Mossburg 12 pump (the punkin masher) that I bought when I was an early teen for small game hunting (squirrels!). We just assembled a clay pigeon foot trap shooter and we're going to head up to the range maybe Sunday to shoot some clays.

Oh, and I finally got a CCW 5 years ago (just renewed it). My wife wasn't crazy about the idea of me introducing guns to my son when he was younger. After she came to the range with us and watched him handle a gun with care and confidence (he can shoot) it inspired her to get her CCW.

She doesn't carry nor do I but when we go camping or ATV riding out in the wilds of the BLM far from towns and out of cell service I want to be prepared if anything weird happens. The sheriff in my town asked me why I don't just open carry. I don't want others who I might encounter knowing I'm carrying since it might make them uncomfortable. I respect their feelings in this sense.

Just found this thread... I'm an avid gun collector; I have 165 in my current collection varying from WWII weaponry (garands, Enfields, 1903s, 1919a4, etc) to current HK and Sig Sauers. Gonna scour through this thread and see what everyone else fancies.

I was given my father in laws Japanese Arisaka that he brought back from WW ll. He used it for deer hunting. I believe it came in two calibers. I have no interest in firing it. I keep trying to give it to my sister in law because I feel one of her sons should have it.
As far as what I have, I'll keep that under my hat and close to the vest.

Just found this thread... I'm an avid gun collector; I have 165 in my current collection varying from WWII weaponry (garands, Enfields, 1903s, 1919a4, etc) to current HK and Sig Sauers. Gonna scour through this thread and see what everyone else fancies.
In today's climate, the last thing I'd admit on social media is having 165 guns.

Back
Top Bottom