"Guys Don't Cook!"

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by max13077, Dec 31, 2008.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I was baking cookies for our family Christmas when my aunt walks into the kitchen and says "aw, that's nice you're helping your Mom taking the cookies out for her." I told her "I'm baking the cookies, it's one of my favorite things to do."

She gives me one of those "you've got 12 ears" sort of looks. Apparently my uncles and cousins don't set foot in the kitchen.

I know I'm not the only guy who bakes right?[​IMG] Who always gets asked to make these at the teachers bake sale?

[​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

The cookies look good. Good job! I have baked a cake and bread since joining BYC. It's all MissPrissy's fault. [​IMG]

3. My hubs cooks, good!

4. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I did notice that most of the chefs on the food network were male. None of that happens in my family though. My brother in law will cook, but he's the only one I know. My son thinks top ramen with stuff mixed in is cooking...does that count?

Those cookies look awesome by the way.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  5. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    I am a guy and I can cook just about anything. There are a few skills everyone should know regardless of gender imo. Everyone should be able to cook, sew, check and top off fluids in car and change a tire.

6. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

OOPS! How did this get in here! Sorry!! Could somebody move this to the "Family Life & New Member Introductions?"

7. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    I find many men to actually be excellent bakers, because it is, by nature, such a precise and mathematical culinary skill. Whereas in other kinds of cooking, you can really "play" with recipes, and flavor and alter things as you go, baking requires more exact measurements, timing, and technique.

And trust me--meeting a man who can, and WILL do these kinds of things? Makes ladies hearts go pitter-pat! [​IMG]

8. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Most of the highest paid chef's in the world are male. It's one of our hidden talents.

If we didn't let women think they ruled the kitchen, who would make the snacks while the guys are watching the football game.

9. CHICKEN little 1

CHICKEN little 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    W.V.
    Just remember ladies love men that cook!!!! [​IMG] My DH can. I love it. It gives me a break once in a while.

YOU GO MAX !!!! [​IMG]

10. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

im a WAY better cook then the wifers,, ive cooked in the ONLY ( at the time) 5 star restaurant in maine, had many other cooking jobs,, was the head cook for 2 nursing homes,,, and i cook certain things here that i wont let anyone else round here cook for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by