H&R BLOCK lies

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dadsdeercamp, Jan 14, 2012.

1. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    We went to h&r block yesterday to get our taxes done and we were told the money would be on the card yesterday now they tell us they dont do instant refunds anymore and we have to wait 7 to 14 days to get our money. Now we are out of fuel oil and have no heat my quail chicks all died last night and we have to run an elec heater in the basement to keep the water lines from freezing and its only 38* in the rest of the house. We could have gone to jackson hewitt and got the money to get heat on the spot. we have used H&R block for 16 years and did not think they would lie to us but they did.we will never use them again.

2. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Oh how terrible! I'm so, so sorry this happened to you. Is there any way you guys can get some heat?

3. dadsdeercamp

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    nope we need money to get heat

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Is there a local organization that can provide you with funds for heat? Sometimes local churches and other charities will help.

5. dadsdeercamp

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    we tryied all of them

6. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Is your cook stove electric?

Is there any way to use blankets to block off a small corner of a room and warm that space a little with sterno? Or borrow an electric space heater from friends or family to warm just that little area? Or stay at somebody's house temp?

Could it be possible to get one of those payday or title loans then pay it off when the refund arrives? I've never done that and wouldn't usually even consider it, but I probably would in an real emergency like having no heat source.

I'm sure you've already thought of everything possible. I wish I could help.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  7. dadsdeercamp

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    we have to space heater in the bedroom right now

8. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I can't offer any solutions that haven't already been offered, but I can offer you my prayers, thoughts, and a [​IMG]

9. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    [​IMG]

10. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG]Even their website states "instant" is available via advance credit or instant loan:

I had my refund, refund anticipation check or loan proceeds loaded to an H&R Block Emerald Card. How long does it take for funds to appear on my card?
    Your card is initially funded based on the selection you made at the tax office. Find the selection you made in the chart below to determine the amount of time it will typically take for the funds to be loaded onto your H&R Block Emerald Card.
    Source of Funds

Amount of Time

H&R Block Emerald Advance Line of Credit

1 hour
    Instant Refund Anticipation Loan

By the time you leave the tax office
    Refund Anticipation Check

8-15 days
    IRS Direct Deposit

8-15 days

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by