Had 2 chickens, now 1 ....should I get another?

LLL

Chirping
Feb 17, 2018
CT
Hi I posted yesterday on the predator forum regarding having 2 adult chickens and 1 was taken by a predator. The one that is left is an Easter Egger. We have a person a few towns over that is selling some of her adult chickens (1 year old) and we are contemplating getting one so the EE isn't left alone. We don't really have the set-up to quarantine for weeks and just not sure what to do. Get another or not? Would it really be risky to just put them together? Is it really not good to just have one? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

My apologies for your loss... I think to avoid this situation again, I’d opt to have two or three friends for her or give her to a new home that can provide that. If you just get one, this situation could happen again, maybe to your EE, and you’ll have to go through the process again. You’ll still need to work through integration if you don’t decide to quarantine them.

Hi I posted yesterday on the predator forum regarding having 2 adult chickens and 1 was taken by a predator. The one that is left is an Easter Egger. We have a person a few towns over that is selling some of her adult chickens (1 year old) and we are contemplating getting one so the EE isn't left alone. We don't really have the set-up to quarantine for weeks and just not sure what to do. Get another or not? Would it really be risky to just put them together? Is it really not good to just have one? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
:frow :welcome

Back
Top Bottom