Had a beautiful day. How about you????

It was a beautiful day in PA as well. We were out at the farm around 6 am and it was only 38 degrees. We were happy we installed the coop's windows yesterday. The girls were snug and cozy. I brought them a special treat - a container of meal worms! I laughed my head off. I threw the first one out and 18 eyeballs stared at it for a split second and all nine hens shot for that one worm. I tossed the other 39 mealworms all over the run and they had a ball. Every one got at least one worm, I made sure. Pot Pie, being the smallest and fastest got more than her share. Made me smile.

Then Craig and I spent the rest of the day painting our front door purple!
It was fun and uneventful. I like that. Life is good. Thanks for asking.

I had a wonderful day in Washington D.C. today with my mom and my "Holocaust" class at the Holocaust museum. It was absolutely wonderful weather, beautiful area, and a nice ride on an Academy bus.
big_smile.png

I figured out my homework completely, in a really challenging graduate math class that I've been struggling with. I did the homework problems right away, saw the solutions immediately and felt like I understood why the theories work the way they do.

I baked three cakes, talked to my friend who came over yesterday, and played with the puppy. One of the cats finally, finally! decided she would deign to meet the puppy. The puppy also is starting to make the connection between chickens = lay down and be calm.

Got the pool mostly closed for the year, that's one big chore done--less chores for me till May 2008.

My potato experiment seems to be working so far: I re-buried my potato vines after digging them up and picking all the big potatoes off the roots. I left some little potatoes still on there. I'm going to try to mulch and cover them over winter, to see if they keep going and make more potatoes. Last year's winter was very mild until nearly February, that's nearly a whole extra growing season!

The spray I put on my orchard seems to be working. I checked today, the scale bugs are gone. Yay!

Had a lovely supper of some of my purple potatoes (which make an awesome garlic mashed potato, by the way) and a piece of striper that a friend gave me, fresh caught. Pan-fried in olive oil with just some lemon pepper, it was delish.

Beautiful but windy and a bit chilly out today. Spent most of it fighting with boards and screws, building my latest coop. Pretty proud of myself though. Used a circular saw for the first time all by myself and still have all my fingers and toes.
lol.png
Got the floor all down and part of the frame built. Yay! Had burritos for dinner and they were good since DH cooked them...it's always better when someone else cooks.
smile.png

Had a great day took the DW to visit her father in the CVICU in Beaumont and and he is in good shape for the shape he is in. Keep him in your prayers. Went to dinner at my Mom's and I guess I need not describe that culinary extravaganza! That is always a tastebud massage and brings back memories of days long passed. Came home and let all the Chickens free range for a couple of hours or so. They do so make me laugh ! and now reading this thread is a good topper.

Everyone have a good'un !

RCG

Had a lovely day too! After church DH and I did the grocery shopping for the week and came home and spent part of the afternoon watching a movie. Then it was out to the coops for me and out to the boat shed for DH. Spent the rest of the afternoon doing little chores and talking to the chickies and pheasants. DH and I cooked dinner together, he cooked a Redfish we caught yesterday in Chokoloskee, FL (it is in the Everglades National park in SW Florida), while I made a spinach salad, steamed broccoli and hubby's favorite, cheese grits. Talked on the phone to my DS who is a freshman in college. He is still my little boy in so many ways. I told him I am coming over to see him on Wednesday and he sounded excited about that, said he needed a good hug from me.
love.gif
Then when I told him I was bringing him a pumpkin for his dorm room, you could hear a little excitement in his voice. Made me feel good. I love quiet laid back days like this. We are truly blessed. Thank You Lord!

It was a beautiful day here in the CA foothills. The air is really clear after the rain, and the ground is damp--perfect for the girls to scratch in!

It was a very low-key day for us. We trimmed wings this morning before letting the girls out. Later, I was able to move a new layer into a nestbox before she laid her egg in the wrong place. The good news is that she stayed in the nestbox and produced a beautiful blue-green egg (her second one).

Late afternoon is time for free ranging, and I was able to rake the coop and put fresh shavings---ooh they smell so good! I watched the girls tussle over some tomatoes, and just generally hung out with them while DH visited with his brothers.

Thanks, Ruth, for starting such an enjoyable thread.

Today was a "Good Day" yes it was... I got up early, made some coffee and got breakfast going for the wife and I. Let the girls out and they flapped and dashed around like they were excited about being alive also... after the recent rains the soft soil perfect to scratch in and I opened the gate to the garden so they had a field day... dug up the last of the potato's. Did a little work on the truck, got to know the new neighbors and gave them some fresh eggs, the wife is from Trinidad and had chickens there but did not know she could keep them here... a new backyard chicken buddy, hmmm??? Watched the afternoon football games with my friends (who root for the opposing team) my team won. Topped it all off with a great Salmon dinner with the fresh potato's and veggies. Some excellent wine and now it's time to say goodbye to all my friends at BYC as today's activities have left me tired and satisfied and oh yeah i have Monday as my day off... yes
lol.png

Norm in N. CA
caf.gif

Wonderful day here as well. Finished up shopping for my baby chick nursery, took my eggs out of the turner, enjoyed watching Momma and the babies, the other feather kids helped me paint the front porch, watched a movie and just enjoyed life on the farm.

Good thread:) I had an exhausting but great weekend. My neice (5 yrs old) and nephew (1 year old) spent the night on Saturday and let me tell you my house is not child proofed. I spent alot of time chasing him, and he is so funny. We made a "drum set" out of pots and pans and had a riot. I showed them the chickens and they loved it.

Yesterday was cold and rainy, so it was a perfect day to fire up the woodstove for the first time. Then I baked a yummy cake and made chicken noodle soup
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom