Had a rough day ... thanks for the verbal hugs!!

Welcome to my world. We get so much rain it's like living through breakup 15 times a winter.

It's 41 degrees here and raining to beat the band. My office is on the upper floor and I can hear the rain pounding the roof.

I heard they cancelled school in Anchorage because the roads were too icy for the busses. I wish they'd cancel work here, I'd sure like to go back home and crawl under the covers!

My coop mucking is going to have to wait until the weekend. I was hoping it would stop raining long enough to move those older chicks out but we'll just have to see.

Hang in there and try to stay dry. Just keep telling yourself "at least it's not 30 below, at least it's not 30 below."

Also, I hear that a margarita on the weekends will keep you from growing webbed feet.
ep.gif

Erin

Quote:
It's now 38F and raining... I AM in your world!
big_smile.png
All the snow just slid off the roof in one horrific "WHAM!", and buried everything that happened to be under it. Glad the dogs were inside!

Coop mucking is going to have to wait until I get back into town... only 1/2 a bag of shavings isn't going to cut it. Plus, I discovered that we weren't so thorough in tightening down the screws in the roofing on the breeder coop, and I have drippage.
hmm.png
Darnit. More wet shavings.
"at least it's not 30 below, at least it's not 30 below, at least it's not 30 below, at least it's not 30 below, at least it's not 30 below, at least it's not 30 below, at least it's not 30 below, at least it's not 30 below, at least it's not 30 below, at least it's not 30 below!"
Hahahaha! I feel better now!
lol.png
I think we're warmer than most of the norther states on the Outside!!

And now, for a bright spot... I just moved my very first 2 Dorking eggs to the hatcher this morning.
yippiechickie.gif
My next generation, and grandbabies of Rooster Cogburn, Jeanne's (Black Mtn) rooster, that passed away just after she sent me eggs. I'm so excited!
celebrate.gif
Ooh... I need to tell her.
smile.png

"Rain, rain, go away, come again another day!"

It is absolutely pouring here! I'll bet we've had over 4 inches today alone. Thank goodness it all just runs downhill into the ocean!!!!

Glad you have wamer temperatures. And Kodiak, sorry its raining. That is what I really don't miss about winters in southeast. Nothing like stepping off a curb, thinking it is solid, and sinking 8 inches into slush filled water.....you have my sympathy.

It was pouring here this morning, too. It's stopped now, but the snow is melting so fast it sounds like it's raining.
It's just so messy this time of the year!
hugs.gif

NOAA's weather forcast for Kodiak. Sigh....
th.gif

Today...Rain. Highs in the mid 40s. Southeast wind 15 to 25 mph with local gusts to 40 mph.

Tonight...Rain tapering off in the evening. Lows in the upper 30s. Southeast wind 15 to 20 mph.

Thursday...Rain. Highs in the lower 40s. Southeast wind 30 to 40 mph becoming south 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon.

Thursday Night...Rain. Lows in the upper 30s. East wind 15 to 30 mph.

Friday...Rain. Highs in the lower 40s. Southeast wind 30 to 40 mph.

Friday Night...Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain and snow. Lows 30 to 35.

Saturday...Cloudy with a chance of snow and rain. Highs in the mid 30s.

Lessee how well we match...
smile.png

Forecast for Western Kenai Peninsula
Updated: 3:53 PM EST on January 14, 2009
Strong wind through this evening...
Urban and small stream flood advisory for rain and melting snow in effect until 5 PM akst Friday...

Today
Cloudy with periods of rain. Isolated areas of freezing rain in the morning. Highs in the mid 30s to mid 40s. Northeast wind 15 to 30 mph with local gusts to 45 mph.

Tonight
Rain. Lows in the lower 30s to lower 40s. Southeast wind 15 to 30 mph with local gusts to 45 mph in the evening.

Thursday
A chance of rain in the morning...then rain in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 30s to lower 40s. Southeast wind 10 to 25 mph except southeast 20 to 35 mph around Kachemak Bay.

Thursday Night
Rain. Lows in the 30s. Southeast wind 10 to 25 mph except east 15 to 35 mph around Kachemak Bay.

Friday
Cloudy with a chance of rain. Highs in the lower 30s to lower 40s. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph except east 25 to 40 mph around Kachemak Bay.

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain and snow. Lows in the 20s.

Saturday and Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. Highs 25 to 35. Lows 15 to 25.

Sunday and Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. Highs 15 to 25. Lows zero to 10 above.

Martin Luther King Jr Day and Monday Night
Partly cloudy. Highs 15 to 25. Lows in the teens.

Tuesday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the 20s.

Looks pretty similar except for the snow near the end of the week. But that's what you get for living further south... and on an island!
lol.png

*sigh* we will overcome.

mom'sfolly :

EEEWWWWW!!!!!!!

Its better than -30
its better than -30
its better than -30

Weeelllll... yes and no.
smile.png

This is a crazy mixed bag Erin and I have going here...
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom